Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Forum Moderator
13,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm so fucking mad right now! :flame: I left right after my second run because I was so pissed.

Run #1:
2.2 60ft
14.168 @ 98.24 mph

Run #2:
2.2 60ft
13.974 @ 100.91 mph

I haven't ran these times since I was damn near STOCK! Car feels so flat and has barely any pull. My mods are:

Stage 2 no toys
Mopar cat-back
3" o2 housing
3" ATP race pipe

I consistantly run 13.5 - 13.6 @ 104 mph before these pipes. The car should be doing better then my best times.

I've had two muffler shops check for exhaust leaks and both say I have none. I also tightened all my god damn ic hoses till they are all about to break. I'm boosting at my regular boost levels thru every gear.

I'm going back to stock. :crying:

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
I think I will forgo the downpipe setup as well since I dynoed yesterday on 100 octane and did 270/300 w/ stock airbox and only catback(mopar). Took off the intake I had but will hold on to it until I get some track runs in. I am running same times as a buddy of mine who has the downpipe and high flow cat and K&N typhoon on top of what I have for mods.

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
wow...somethings up...what were your 60's before? was it really hot out?

·
Forum Moderator
13,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My 60's are always 2.2's. It was about 75 degrees, cloudy and maybe a little humid. It had been sprinkling a little earlier.

I was just most shocked at my trap. I NEVER EVER trap that low.

·
Registered
170 Posts
yea i recently went to the track and my times blew aswell. about a year ago i ran a 13.6 with only mopar catback,sg1,and intake. i just put on a three inch DP with no cat and my best time was 14.0 with a 2.2 60ft. givin that its hot out im still pissed!

·
Registered
696 Posts
I expect to have a Mopar Borla Catback and a 3" downpipe on my car in about a week or so. My mods are listed in my sig, so I think we're very similar. I really don't expect to see worse times, but I'm sure you didn't either...

Did you reset your PCM after installing the downpipe?

·
Registered
380 Posts
yea i went to the track after running 13.3 at 106 with my mbc and then got my greddy profec b holding 2 psi more <17.5> and i trapped at like 101 !!! i got faster then that on s0 with exhaust .... maybe dodge has a button to make everyones car slower for warranty reason :< i dunno it was really hot out and after it cooled down my traps started going up

·
Forum Moderator
13,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep I've reset the pcm twice already. The car since day one after installing these pipes just hasn't felt like it used to.

No bottom end and no top end. :buah:

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
maybe the air fuel ratio is out of whack now, or you are detonating and the pcm is getting conservative. There is a good article in SCC about exhaust mods on stage one, but I would have thought stage two would have been more forgiving. Do you think the toys might help you out a bit in terms of fine tuning the setup ?

sorry to hear about your slower times, but your car looks damn nice if nothing else :)

·
Registered
696 Posts
mldvenm said:
Reduced back pressure might be a nemesis for stage 2 as well. I will leave mine alone for now.
I'll be sure to post if my times don't improve once I install the exhaust, but I really doubt that's supposed to be the case since Mopar even states you need to get at least an upgraded exhaust to see the numbers they list...

·
Premium Member
9,774 Posts
what kind of gas?
93 octane?

hm? so this is the only addition since the 104mph traps?
did you trap 104 with stage 2? what is your boost?

also, do you still have the stock BOV?

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Yes but don't they state back pressure as being 7.5psi w/ catback and w/ downpipe and high flow cat it goes down to 4.5psi? If the pcm wants more back pressure than 4.5psi it could cause it to go real wacky. Open exhaust will lean afr's out as well so that could be an issue to, you think?

·
Forum Moderator
13,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You want to hear something else strange?

When I first installed S2 I couldn't go down the road and run it hard without coming back to crazy carbon buildup all around the exhaust tips and all on the back of my bumper and trunk. I mean literally specs of carbon all on the back side of my car.

Now ever since the o2 and race pipe went in I dont' get that anymore. Hell I polished up the Borla tips yesterday and after heavy driving I can still see the chrome rolled edges where as before they would be covered with soot after a hard spin around the block.

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
its not back pressure...masssilversrt4 ran a 12.8 and traped 112.5 with stage 2, and has the same exhaust set up (3'' o2, 3'' dp, mopar catback)

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
bruins013 said:
its not back pressure...masssilversrt4 ran a 12.8 and traped 112.5 with stage 2, and has the same exhaust set up (3'' o2, 3'' dp, mopar catback)
Then I guess I will get the setup. That still doesn't explain my buddy that runs the same times and traps as me with the downpipe and highflow cat. He obviously has more than that on his car though to trap 112.5mph

·
Forum Moderator
13,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
NIVO88T said:
what kind of gas?
93 octane?

hm? so this is the only addition since the 104mph traps?
did you trap 104 with stage 2? what is your boost?

also, do you still have the stock BOV?
93 octane ALWAYS.

And yes the o2 and downpipe are the only additions to the car recently.

A few months ago my last run was a 13.673 @ 104.49 with a 2.2 60ft. And actually no this was not with S2. It was with S1 and agp wga. But I will tell you this, before these pipes and with just S2 and Mopar cb the car felt faster than my S1/agp wga setup. I never had a chance to run the car with just S2.

I'm telling you these pipes made the car slow down heavily. Unless I have a boost leak somewhere but it doesn't make sense if I do.

These are my boost levels thru each gear:

1st = 10 psi
2nd = 15-16 psi
3rd = 17-18 psi
4th = 19-20 psi

This is how they've always been. If I did have a boost leak would I still see normal boost levels? Would the pcm make the turbo work harder to achieve the desired boost levels if there was a leak?

1 - 20 of 111 Posts