Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already ordered the AGP WGA, but after reading more and more on the PTB issues. It seems like when you switch the WGA, you ll have a helva time to mess around w/ the PTB issues.

I dont want to have to bother w/ the PTB issues..

so does it mean Im better off w/ S2 WGA?

·
Registered
443 Posts
Canuck_2k said:
I already ordered the AGP WGA, but after reading more and more on the PTB issues. It seems like when you switch the WGA, you ll have a helva time to mess around w/ the PTB issues.

I dont want to have to bother w/ the PTB issues..

so does it mean Im better off w/ S2 WGA?
You can run the stage 2 wga on the stock lines with little to no PTB issues. It's the route I'm going along with stage 1 PCM to maintain good driveability while increasing performance. You probably won't see the gains of the AGP, but you need to sacrifice performance for driveability or the other way around.

If you search for the omniphil mod, you'll find a way to cure PTB, but it requires some work. There are other ways too, search for 91CavGT, he had a solution too.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
6,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fuck

I guess time to sell the AGP WGA

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Creamyitalian said:
You can run the stage 2 wga on the stock lines with little to no PTB issues. It's the route I'm going along with stage 1 PCM to maintain good driveability while increasing performance. You probably won't see the gains of the AGP, but you need to sacrifice performance for driveability or the other way around.

If you search for the omniphil mod, you'll find a way to cure PTB, but it requires some work. There are other ways too, search for 91CavGT, he had a solution too.

Good luck.
Yeah but with the s2 wga setup i heard that the ecu with the stock lines eventually learns and lowers boost.

·
Registered
770 Posts
SilveRT-4 said:
Yeah but with the s2 wga setup i heard that the ecu with the stock lines eventually learns and lowers boost.
I had a S2 WG & it never seemed to learn to lower boost, but I also have EBC
Any rate, my S2 WG sucked big ones so I ditched it for PT Performance's WG - seems to work a lot better. I still get some PTB on LO boost setting or if I floor it in 5th below 3K-3.2K RPMS, so I just don't do it

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
connermt said:
I had a S2 WG & it never seemed to learn to lower boost, but I also have EBC
Any rate, my S2 WG sucked big ones so I ditched it for PT Performance's WG - seems to work a lot better. I still get some PTB on LO boost setting or if I floor it in 5th below 3K-3.2K RPMS, so I just don't do it
I was refering to just being connected to the stock system, no boost controller of any type interfering.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Check out this link too, hopefully TNT is able to bring his plan to market for all of us with wives that refuse to ride in our cars because PTB forces us to drive like retards :rofl: . You will throw CELs with an aftermarket WGA so i suggest getting in line for the PTperformance Map/Tip clamp, unless of course you intend on geting a stage 1 ecu. And get a wideband to tune it

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=215547

·
Premium Member
6,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
mike i saw 91cavgt's mod. Personally, I dont want to mess around w/ any wiring. I've fucked around w/ my 2k1 RT wiring enough already as is. So Im starting fresh w/ this SRT and I'd very much prefer to keep the wiring UNTOUCHED. So I came across this how to..

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128046

yeah, very little PTB, that I can handle by messing around w/ the vacuum lines instead of electrical components! :clap:

looks like Im gonna keep my AGP WGA! :D

·
Banned
6,529 Posts
USC_SRT said:
When people go big turbo do they have PTB problems also?
no a turbo produces boost when it feels it needs more....and our turbo is so small and the stroke is so big it dosent take much for the turbo to think it needs boost.....the only time i ever see ptb is on the highway around town im either on the pedal or not...but some people dont drive like its not there own

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Canuck_2k said:
mike i saw 91cavgt's mod. Personally, I dont want to mess around w/ any wiring. I've fucked around w/ my 2k1 RT wiring enough already as is. So Im starting fresh w/ this SRT and I'd very much prefer to keep the wiring UNTOUCHED. So I came across this how to..

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128046

yeah, very little PTB, that I can handle by messing around w/ the vacuum lines instead of electrical components! :clap:

looks like Im gonna keep my AGP WGA! :D
Think about the logic for that route. How in the world will that fix ptb? Let me explain how the stock system works:

Stock wga = 4 lbs spring. Boost comming straight from the turbo is being bleed/unbleed by the solonoids controlled by the ecu (computer). The more the ecu lets you boost, means the more pressure in the lines the solonoid is letting leak out (similar to a boost controller). And for you not to boost, all the ecu has to do is close the connection and not bleed any pressure from the lines which will cause the 4 lbs spring in the stock wga to open with ease.

So, all this means, given that no boost is bleed off you will only boost 4 lbs of boost max with the stock wga becaues as soon as your turbo makes 4 psi its more than enough pressure to open the wga.

Now with the AGP unit, it has has a 12-14 lbs spring inside. So it requires a minimum of 12-14 lbs of pressure to open the wga up. Now even if you have it hooked up to the stock lines and no boost is bleed off how do you expect it to open to not cause part throttle boost? You cant, only way it will open is when there is 14 lbs of pressure in the vacuum lines which means the turbo is boosting at 14 psi.

So with that in mind, ptb can not be controlled with an aftermarket wga. Only thing you can do is probably trick the ecu that when your in ptb it will think your in wot mode and dump in more fuel.

But dont forget just because you have good a/f ratios doesnt mean that ptb is ok. The moving air hitting the partly open throttle body plate and bouncing back to the turbo is not good, usually a cause of the shaft play some of the peoples stock turbo gets.

·
Registered
5,965 Posts
My boost hasn't dropped with the S2 WGA and its been on for 2-3months already :dunno: What you COULD do, if you want to keep the AGP WGA and run it off the stock line, is to put a boost controller on and adjust from there or use a little BC (I can get a pic. upon request) and set it that way. A buddy has/had(he got tuned now etc etc) and he would get a slow spool, which is good for traction, then it will hit hard(20psi) then drop to 17psi and hold till redline. Its all preference, and like all the others said, PTB = "Full throttle or no throttle bitches "

·
Premium Member
6,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
silveRT-4 - very interesting concept behind it. It does in fact makes sense. The reason why I do not want PTB is for daily driving behind it. I'd like to be able to take it easy across town, and not go nuts w/ the boost when Im driving.

So basically the only way for me is to put a MBC behind it to keep the PTB under control??

·
Premium Member
6,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
jagok1 - can ya provide pics of the mbc setup pls? :p

I totally understand the full throttle or no throttle comment, but I'd only like to do that when I go racing on the tracks (not drag racing - lapping!) I think going full throttle daily driving is a bit extreme imo.

so what are my options to elimate the ptb??

get a mbc?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts