Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I've had my srt4 for about 6 months now, and I decided to replace the clutch, because it was worn down. When I did, and I put it back together there is now a rattling noise coming from the clutch area. Ive replaced the clutch, TOB, clutch fork pivot ball, and the clips. It only makes the noise when I press the clutch pedal and when I release the pedal it stops. Any ideas on what it could be?

·
Premium Member
4,153 Posts
What brand parts did you install?

does it only happen when the clutch is pressed in all the way? can you feel it in the pedal?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got all oem parts from modern performance. And it happens like as soon as you put pressure on the pedal.

·
Premium Member
4,153 Posts
i'd suggest removing the inspection cover (black cover) by the slave cylinder and looking in. Make sure the TOB is riding on the fork correctly. Hopefully you replaced the fork also while you were in there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I found out the car had a spec clutch in it and you are supposed to replace the factory flex plate. Do you think that could be the problem since I'm trying to put a oem clutch back in it? Also the fork got replaced also.

·
Premium Member
4,153 Posts
to the best of my knowledge the flex plate never has to be replaced unless its damaged somehow or you're replacing it with a non-modular style clutch/flywheel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was reading specs website and thats what it said. I didn't think you had to either but thats what their website said.

·
Premium Member
4,153 Posts
That doesn’t make sense as the only thing the flex plate does is act as a mounting point for the clutch and give the starter something to spin...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi guys, I've had my srt4 for about 6 months now, and I decided to replace the clutch, because it was worn down. When I did, and I put it back together there is now a rattling noise coming from the clutch area. Ive replaced the clutch, TOB, clutch fork pivot ball, and the clips. It only makes the noise when I press the clutch pedal and when I release the pedal it stops. Any ideas on what it could be?
so i broke the TOB clips on mine and wrote modern performance about it they told me that it will just make a rattling sound when you press and/or release the clutch. more than likely during install of the TOB you either did like i did and broke the little clips on it or just did not place them in place.

·
Premium Member
4,153 Posts
so i broke the TOB clips on mine and wrote modern performance about it they told me that it will just make a rattling sound when you press and/or release the clutch. more than likely during install of the TOB you either did like i did and broke the little clips on it or just did not place them in place.
many of the aftermarket TOB forks require those tabs be broken off.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts