Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know i know but im not a fan of jails so i mean it was either hitting 150+ or going to jail....im very paranoid and i just told my friend to let off before we got to the end of the bridge (Gandy)...wow! them brakes work damn good!...i nearly chocked on the seatbelt i forgot to lower the anchor :oops: oh well :lol: maybe some otherday when im feeling up to it we can venture over 145mph...btw it does get there rather quickly too

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
I just live right around the corner from the bridge. If you warn me next time, I'll cruise by. What speed were you at when you got onto the bridge? At least on there, you don't have to worry about someone pulling out in front of you.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Hell, I had mine up to 120 thru tenn. I'll test the top speed once the snow clears :)

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
On the way back from Florida my friend took my car to 148 mph and thats with 3 people and a load trunk. (I will post the pic of the seedo). He said it had more. I've only taken it to 140mph and yes it gets there quickly!

·
Registered
534 Posts
hahaa....wow....::speachless::

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
just so everyone is clear on this. speedo speed is NOT actual speed. i can see 195 on my bike but i am only doing ~180.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
heheh power to weight. 131 whp / 600# with rider.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
i got my sxt to 120......but the computer shut me down :evil: i might push my srt to 150........i donno we have so many cops in jacksonville.....maybe down the bridge i could pull it off seeing as you can see all the way to the end from the top so that if there was a cop u could slow down in time. we'll see. ill post pics as soon as i do it :lol:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hate to sound like a sissy, but:

If one of you gets stopped at that kind of speed, you know what happens? You get felony stopped. That's chased, dragged out at gunpoint, and you'll probably have your car impounded. I really don't want to hear any "This one time my friend Juan..." stories. I work for the PD, I know. If you had an experience where you got let off pretty easy, hey that's cool; you were lucky. There is a bright side though, if you pass an officer going that fast he's not likely to even try to chase you. But he is likely to radio all the other officers. And they'll just hang out and wait until you're cruising along at 60 to get you. Not trying to be a dick, just wouldn't want one of you to be caught unaware. I have a hard time keeping it under a bill myself. I too hate to think of how many times I'm going to get pulled over when I FINALLY get my SRT-4. Shit, I get pulled over enough now and my car doesn't LOOK half as fast as the SRT-4...

If there's anyone that in the middle part of the country that doesn't have a track and wants somewhere to run; we have a couple near here. And I'll be going every chance I get when my baby gets here.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
During my trip from Florida back to Wisconsin I wondered when I would get stopped. A red SRT-4 driving down the highway sticks out!. Being careful in Tennesee I was running with traffic when I notice a fender the had patrol on it. A few seconds later I was able to see 'State Patrol". Starting to get ready to pull over, I looked out the window and the officer was checking out the SRT. He looked at it for awhile and gave me the thumbs up and slowed and pulled off the road. Must be the grey hair that kept him from pulling me over to check out the car. It sure put a smile on my face for the next 50 miles or so!

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
FlakDodger said:
I looked out the window and the officer was checking out the SRT. He looked at it for awhile and gave me the thumbs up and slowed and pulled off the road. Must be the grey hair that kept him from pulling me over to check out the car. It sure put a smile on my face for the next 50 miles or so!
Very cool story. BTW, welcome to the show!

·
Registered
38 Posts
ive had my srt up past 140 about 4-5 times. Every time i do it, my face gets warm and I kind of get lite headed.

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
It's called breaking the sound barrier and I wouldn't recommend it without a gravity suit. :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
18 Participants
uberingram
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing