Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i was out with howard tuning the car with the new turbo and the boost controller was acting up causing me to hit 33.5 psi on stock block needless to say i have a bad miss and it smokes like a train time for build any suggestions

·
Banned
2,544 Posts
same thing happened to me, bore it out 20 over, je pistons and eagle rods. modern performance has the kit, crower titanium valve springs and retainers, get the cams while ur at it but make sure they are the 2.4 from crane, port n polish the head. also port n polish ur intake maifold, and not sure if ur exhaust manifold needs it, depends on what type u have. u can run 30 psi safely on that build, and if ur willin to have someone do it all for u dcr or ptp will get er done right.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have crower stage 3 cams with the springs turbo mani dont neew ported just bottem end is what i need im gonna be going with nos but i also have a gt35r not sure what to do for that setup

·
Banned
2,544 Posts
what i said up top minus what u already have should be fine, just make sure u get a good machine shop that has been doin it for a while and has a good rep to bore it. if uve got to take it apart and rebuild, y not build it stronger.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
slwsrt said:
i have crower stage 3 cams with the springs turbo mani dont neew ported just bottem end is what i need im gonna be going with nos but i also have a gt35r not sure what to do for that setup
This makes me sick:fever:
You just blew your motor now your talking about nos on a gt35r:grimrippe

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have a gt35r ive been thinking about nos for a while for the intercooler but now that i gotta build it i might as well spray the motor i have the head work done if im gonna build it im gonna go for every ounce of power i can

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
You wouldn't have known it by the way you were spinning 3rd gear tonight.

...I did attempt to get you to back out of it when I saw the boost going too high. I think all that power made you giddy. Either that or the exhaust and blowby fumes we were inhaling. LOL.

·
Banned
2,544 Posts
they only really way to know is to take her apart and find out, e could hae a blown head gasket, or a cracked head, or a blown piston. its just got to be torn down and looked at

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
i dont think its head gasket i have no coolant in the oil the head gasket was changed when i did the cams and that was about 3k ago. it smokes really bad when i get on it and it has a miss i mean the car still runs and pulls and everything but smokes really bad but im using an e01 boost controller and its a senistive unit and yes i spun 3rd gear to about 90 so i know its got some power and will be better when i get her built

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Piston rings are a little toasty.

- Lots of blowby from the pepsi bottle catch can
- Spark plugs look fine.
- Oil spray on the firewall from an unknown source.

·
Registered
4,570 Posts
Mental note to self....stay away from GT35. Sorry to hear the bad news.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ill agree with that howard do u think i should go standerd bore or 20 over

·
Banned
73 Posts
Well i can also state, Sounds like piston rings or something in that area. But i can say its probably not the best to run a big turbo on a stock fmic, (heatsoking it?) but hope sounds like the motor is toast...

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i dont have stock front mount i have the quickwhips

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
slwsrt said:
i have a gt35r ive been thinking about nos for a while for the intercooler but now that i gotta build it i might as well spray the motor i have the head work done if im gonna build it im gonna go for every ounce of power i can
If you have a gt35R you should have no need for juice if you have a good set-up ! And it sounds like you have a cracked ring land which is what these cars do when you give them high boost on the stock pistons .

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
how much for the pistons and rods frank

·
Registered
619 Posts
Hurry Up!!!

WE HAVE NOT RACED YET!!..:clap: Or we could set up a race GLH versus SRT-4...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts