Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well i basically go a stock srt 4 i want to upgrade it by putting a cold air intake, downpipe, cat-back exhaust, boost controller, AGP WGA,and AGP Solid Motor Mounts. Basically in about a week i will have all of that but i know i am going to need more fuel a lot of people have told me to get the Mopar Stage 1 but i want to maybe put a bigger turbo later on so they have suggested to put a Apexi S-AFC Version II Blue Fuel Controller... My question is what is the difference between the two the stage 1 and fuel controller? Do they serve the same purpouse? And what other upgrades would any of you guys recommend for what i already had in mind or is that good enough?

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
If your going to go big turbo later on, then don't get either the S1 or the SAFC....you'll need to get a return line. The 2005 SRT's already have the S1 injectors, so with a return line you'll be good on fuel well over 300hp.

Plus, it will help you right now.....with the mods you list above you'd be able to boost 22psi or so with the RL. You just need to do Fade's 05 tip mod (search for it)

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Stage 1 is nice because.....

Stage 1 is nice because is gets rid of those annoying check engine lights when mods are put on the car. Also, a guy who knows what he is doing can tune the car with any size turbo and any Stage upgrade.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
If your going to go big turbo later on, then don't get either the S1 or the SAFC....you'll need to get a return line. The 2005 SRT's already have the S1 injectors, so with a return line you'll be good on fuel well over 300hp.

Plus, it will help you right now.....with the mods you list above you'd be able to boost 22psi or so with the RL. You just need to do Fade's 05 tip mod (search for it)

On the stock turbo i would be able to hold 22psi...I have been searching but like i said i am not very good at this anyways so just get a return line where could i find that exactly what kind of return line is good or has worked best...So any fuel controller is not good?

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Dude, you're going to get so much conflicting advice.... S1 is good, you can buy one used for like $225 shipped - sound invesment.

If you are going to do big turbo... buy the Apex-i SAFC... this way you will learn how to use it before the big boy gets installed.... SAFC helps you fine tune your A/F's (air fuel ratio) by playing with your fuel trims at set RPMs... you will need to get some sort of wideband to monitor your A'F's too... I suggest the AEM UEGO, it does the job and is stylish as it fits in a regular gauge pod...

S1 and SAFC do entirely different things... S1 is a replacement ECU that was designed by Mopar to safely increase fuel and I think timing... this ECU also increases your vehicles electronic tolerances, that is why you won't get CEL's(check engine lights) after you mod some more...

You're also going to need a some sort of 3" exhaust... and 3" downpipe... this is a must and should be done as part of your early mods...

At some point you are going to have to think about suspension mods, go for a cheap coil-over setup like the IPP's... they are great, handle wicked, and give you that killer lowered stance...

The AGP WGA is a good mod for now, but don't go too much higher than 19psi... keep in mind, that WGA will need some tuning to find the right psi...

I think that is enough for now... let me know if you have any other questions !!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts