Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My ATP 3" downtube and cat are getting delivered and installed tomorrow! I cant wait, usually UPS delivers about 2:00, so I will drop the car off at a muffler place oh,...say...2:01. I dont think it will be too much of a pain in the ass to swap it out. I spoke to a local import tuner place and they said it should make full pressure in 1st and 2nd now because so much more air will flow in and out. That would be cool if because of this I didnt need to get an MBC/EBC. MMmmmmm,.......14PSI in 1st...........

Damn, I cant wait to feel and hear the difference!!

Steve

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Damn, that's a whole lotta power in 1st/2nd!

I wonder how much of a difference it will make in 3rd/4th though? I'd love to see dyno numbers in 4th with these upgrades...

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
i suggest you buy a EBC/MBC because you will spike and you need a bit more control...but i guess you'll find out on your own

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am going to dyno it after I install it within the next couple weeks,....I hav not read anyone else getting the stage 1 from ATP installed yet, am I the first?

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
acr2nv said:
i suggest you buy a EBC/MBC because you will spike and you need a bit more control...but i guess you'll find out on your own
You really think so? Do you think that the boost will spool so much faster that the ecu wont be able to keep up?

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
why do you think ATP sells a MBC with their kit(s)? i suggest you keep one handy cause if its a full 3 inch setup i dont think the spikes will be healthy nor controllable

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I figured it is just one more thing to sell me, I kind of also thought that if it was a required thing that they would have kept it a package deal for $400, and not break it up in to stage one $350 and mbc for $50 seperately. Also its not a 3" all the way back, it just 3" downtube and cat.

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
stevessrt said:
You really think so? Do you think that the boost will spool so much faster that the ecu wont be able to keep up?
Check it out and let us know, before you put a Bosot controller on it.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am hoping that I can just bust the tires loose in 2nd by just flooring it as I can now in 1st,....now that would be nuthen but cool!!

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
we shall see just watch the boost guage and tell me what you notice please. The reason i suggest it is so you can set it at 15-16 isf the car boost higher than that without it

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will absolutely,....I just hope UPS dont screw me by getting to my work late. Otherwise I will post tomorrow what happens.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Exhaust Depot, have any thoughts/comments?

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, bad news, ATP sent it to my home address, and I had told them to send it to my work. Sooooo the car will be dropped off on Friday at 8:00 am bright and early.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I finally got a chance to run it after work. Holy Crap! You know that ever so slight hesitation for boost when ripping in to the next gear? GONE! It pulls like crazy! There is absolutely no hesitation at all when recovering boost between shifts. 1st and second pull atleast 2 PSI more,...about 12PSI now. 3rd-5th gears pull 14PSI almost to redline now. And there is no type of spiking at all. Rock solid to redline, then a taper to about to 12 PSI between 5400-6000RPM's.

Well worth the money....

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Congrats, man.

I've been watching my boost gauge closely for the last 2 days since installing the Stage II downpipe (w/racepipe). I haven't seen any spiking at all.

I do think I'll be putting the cat in for daily driving tho'. The racepipe will be great for the track, but it is LOUD.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks, it feels good finally have it in there. I am sure you know what I am talking about when I say the boost is so instantly there when you want it, its a huge difference!!

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Also,....you think your car *pop*'s its exhaust now.....with the 3" cat it snarls and crackles and POP'S alot more now. Its only a bit louder, but alot more snarlier and raspier.

Can you tell I am happy with it :D ?!?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts