Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, hows the car really handle in the rain? Does it hydroplane all over the road? Or is it fairly stable?

Also, what the chances of a 99 base Neons wheels fitting on the srt-4?

Dont weird out, One of the fellows at my work has a set of snow tires on steel wheels from his wrecked 99. If they will bolt over the brakes on the srt-4, maybe I wont have to park it for the winter later on this year?

Im in MO, so we can sometimes get a decent amount of snow. :)

Get my drift?

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
The steel wheels might clear the calipers. If they do, great, but you'll probably need to test fit them.

I haven't had any problem with hydroplaneing, and we had a ton of rain the last couple of days. Now this is no rex, don't try and launch in heavy rain, but I was able to cut the greensborro pass thru NC in the rain in my trip back up from FL, and I didn't have any problem. If your that worried about rain, get a set of performance tires with better wet traction.

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
I live in Washington and we have gotten plenty of rain, no problems with hydroplaining. Just got to take it easy will break loose easy, well they do that on dry roads also... :wink:

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I live in St Louis.

Also I got a up close look at the srt4 today. Man what a sweet little ride.

Didnt get to drive it as it was sold so I cruise the neon section looking at the wheels. It all gonna be about the calipers, those things look huge on that little car! :shock:

Mine will be in may 5 or a few days later. First thing Im doing is yanking a wheel and test fitting my buddies wheels.

If not, I can get a set made somewhere for sure.

Cant wait!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.