Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i cant get my line to go back over {reinstall}on the quick release hydraulic line. is there a certain way to do it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
625 Posts
If you are talking about the clutch line, I had the same problem. I guessing you just put a new clutch in your car. I had to remove the clutch slave cylinder , attach the hydraulic line, then re-attace the slave back in the trans.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fly5150 said:
If you are talking about the clutch line, I had the same problem. I guessing you just put a new clutch in your car. I had to remove the clutch slave cylinder , attach the hydraulic line, then re-attace the slave back in the trans.
did you get this done without having to lower the tranny?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
625 Posts
yep, there is a square black acess cover on the front of the trans where the clutch line goes. There is a clip you take out and then the slave twists out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fly5150 said:
yep, there is a square black acess cover on the front of the trans where the clutch line goes. There is a clip you take out and then the slave twists out.
is it the plastic clip half inside and half out, when you remove the black cover?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
625 Posts
yeah I think thats the one.. i'll see if i can find a picture in my service manual
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
fly5150 said:
yeah I think thats the one.. i'll see if i can find a picture in my service manual
hey thanks brotha, but i got it after you told me that. you were a great help
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
324 Posts
How did you remove the hydraulic line in the first place? Special tool or something else?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
324 Posts
Got it! 18mm open end wrench pressed toward front of vehicle. Used spark plug pliers (rubber tips) to grab the master side and my hand for the slave side.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top