Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Eblue SRT-4
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, as the title says, there’s a huge puddle of water in my trunk. It’s been pouring here the past three weeks in Ca and my car cover is good for nothing. I uncovered today and found the puddle. Does anyone know where are the common leaks that is routing to the trunk? For the life of me I can’t figure it out. Please help, thanks.

·
Registered
Original Owner '05 SRT-4 S2 Toys
228 Posts
Yes, as the title says, there’s a huge puddle of water in my trunk. It’s been pouring here the past three weeks in Ca and my car cover is good for nothing. I uncovered today and found the puddle. Does anyone know where are the common leaks that is routing to the trunk? For the life of me I can’t figure it out. Please help, thanks.
Check the gaskets around your tail lights- they are leak prone over time.

·
Super Moderator
16,523 Posts
The holes around the spoiler bolts can potentially leak, on the black Neon I worked on, it kept getting soaked, gaskets around the taillights looked good, checked on neons.org and they mentioned it, pulled the SXT spoiler, sure enough, completely deteriorated rubber, along with a lot of rust. Cleaned it all up, cut my own gaskets for it, masked off the area and repainted with rustoleum, then used ultra black and the gaskets, never leaded again. Well, for the next year I drove it before selling it.

·
Registered
2004 Eblue SRT-4
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The holes around the spoiler bolts can potentially leak, on the black Neon I worked on, it kept getting soaked, gaskets around the taillights looked good, checked on neons.org and they mentioned it, pulled the SXT spoiler, sure enough, completely deteriorated rubber, along with a lot of rust. Cleaned it all up, cut my own gaskets for it, masked off the area and repainted with rustoleum, then used ultra black and the gaskets, never leaded again. Well, for the next year I drove it before selling it.
Hmm interesting mine isn’t rust or wet but I can double check by removing it since it’s been a long time.

·
Registered
228 Posts
5303476AB tail lamp gasket

5303477AB tail lamp gasket

One is the left one, the other is the right, but, at the moment, IDK which is which. My SRT also had rust around the spoiler due to leaks from bad gaskets. DaimlerChrysler "fixed" it twice under warranty but I ended up buying a new trunk lid and spoiler anyway.

·
Registered
2004 Eblue SRT-4
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yup, it’s the spoiler holes. I removed the spoiler and the gaskets are pretty much deformed. Going to fix this today and I am just going to order new tail light gaskets just to be safe. I appreciate the help guys, it sucks to be dealing with this. I know my 01 Neon had a leak in the passenger floor, hopefully this won’t happen with my SRT.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Right, 5008708AA, MSRP $43.25

Left, 5008709AA, MSRP $43.25

Spoiler gasket part numbers, if anyone needs them. The prices are from 2009 so I don't know what they might be now (or if the parts are even available).

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Yup, it’s the spoiler holes. I removed the spoiler and the gaskets are pretty much deformed.RT.
I need to do that with mine, too. I've had the SXT spoiler on for years, but I know it's been leaking a little lately. Not as much as yours, it sounds like, but I need to fix it.

Reactions: BbySnke

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
Yeah I should probably clean out the trunk (fishing tackle).
And check the spare for air in case I need it.

I also have the SXT spoiler.
But I think I sealed the bolt holes when I installed it.

OP - I'd also suggest checking the large perimeter seal on the trunk opening...

·
Registered
2004 Eblue SRT-4
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah I should probably clean out the trunk (fishing tackle).
And check the spare for air in case I need it.

I also have the SXT spoiler.
But I think I sealed the bolt holes when I installed it.

OP - I'd also suggest checking the large perimeter seal on the trunk opening...
I just ordered some new weatherstripping for that. Doesn’t looks bad but it could be new

1 - 16 of 16 Posts