Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am expecting my FMIC sometime today from the UPS man and I am just trying to get an idea as to how long the install time will be on this item?? How long does it take to remove the front fascia and does anyone have any good pointers for me to follow?? FYI I got the CCA intercooler....so holla at me and let me know!!!

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
its real simple. there are numerous amounts of bolts on the bumper I think there are 2 or 3 connecting it to the fender. Make sure you get those. Also, the intercooler is simple. Thats also just 4 bolts.

The worst part about the whole install in the pipe on the pass side. that was a PITA for me with my AGP

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How long did it take you? I want to know if it is something that i should start tonight or should I juss do it tomorrow afternoon?

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
O boy it juss got here and lemme juss say the thing looks beautiful!!! It looks even better since it cost only 350!!!

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
I am ordering my AIS FMIC in the next week when they catch up on orders and i will get it dyno by the end of the month. ;-)

·
Registered
47 Posts
i have a spearco and it took about two hours to get on, probably could have gotten it done sooner, but my buddy that was helping me dropped a rubber grommet from my upp pipe into the upp pipe and down into the spearco. so that took about a half hour to get everything unbolted again and get the grommet out. good luck man, its going to be fun.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
As said above, I am ordering the AIS FMIC and should i have a hard pipe kit to get the most out of it. Or will it hook up fine with stock piping? I am trying to save up for the hard pipe kit? Which hit is recommended? I was think the one from Modern Performance (SRT-4 Turbonetics Pressure Pipe with Raptor BOV) for 289 but doesnt come with the other side. Or from exhaust depot hard pipe kit for 219 but doesnt come with BOV?

Chris

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
does the hardpipe kit offer any gains?

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
It should take you about 1.5 hours to do this.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
bmxking45 said:
does the hardpipe kit offer any gains?
BmxKing.... Hector and i have installed quite alot of hardpipe kit on various srt's with different levels of mods. Honestly from the cold side charge pipe you wont see any gains. But from my own personal expierence and those of our customers when the hot side charge pipe was installed, we've seen a 1lb increase in boost. Not saying its much but hey its something.

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
Ultimateone said:
DYNO the car to see if there is truely a difference with these 2 bargain FMIC's.
The AIS and CCA intercoolers aren't "bargain" pieces...but rather FMICs at their true wholesale price. Who do you think supplied ED and PSI-FI with their front mount ICs, AIS. but hey they gotta make money right :)

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just finished up the install and lemme juss tell you that it looks great!!!! As far as performance gains I wouldnt say that there was a noticible difference. It doesnt boost more or feel like it is pulling too much harder. I do think it pulls a little harder in 1st gear but that could be in my head. No noticible gains tho in my opinion. I will post a pic if anyone will host it for me or if they know of a spot where I could get it hosted for free!!!

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
Looking good! :D hows mine :D I should have polished mines.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I dont know if these items should be in the performance forum or the visual appearenece forums cuz they look soooo damn good!!! Boy it is a beautiful thing

1 - 20 of 41 Posts