Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Retired Member
11,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay we have a powdercoating gun now that between it and Doug's Oven at his work does a DAMN good job. But before you all get excited, understand a few things...

Order your own powder coat, it's really cheep and I'm sure Doug will let you just send it right to his house. It's 5.99 a Bag, I suggest odering at least 3 bags. all 3 of my motor mounts took 3/4 of 1 bag. So use hat as a guide. W are trying to get the powder in volume cheeper. (Sears has he bags to buy localy, but all I have seen them stck is blue, red and some blck)

Yellow
Red
White
Blue
Silver

There is also black, but I need Doug's proof sheet to see what one, there is actually like 3 blacks. There are many other colors, look on Craftsman's web page or look at the sheet Doug has.

PAY DOUG FOR HIS WORK!!!! I mean he has to do this at his job and all so hook him up for his time and work.

Also if you want something done, do the local crew a favor and buy the core item, stock parts are cheep as fuck and you are just helping us all out. All we have core right now is all 3 mounts. So if you want to do your valve cover for example, order one off buy/sell or whatever for 40$, buy 2 bags of powder coat 12$ then give Doug some cash. Now everyone else dosen't have to buy the valve cover... You pay 62$, but now everyone else pays 12 plus tip. I'm sure if you buy a core item that Doug will use he'll do the work for you for free.

I know his thead is worthless without pics, but parts are at Dougs and my Camera at John's. But quite a few have seen it and it looks really good.

Lastly this is LOCAL ONLY. If your not from the area and don't hang out with us regularly, I sugest giving Glacious a PM, his work is professional and priced VERY well.

·
Retired Member
11,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ohh yeah, and I'm done putting words in Doug's mouth now..

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
very nicely put james. and just for you give me a few hours and ill have some pics up for you.

Remember I dont have the parts up front so i am going to have to use your stock parts or pitch in and get an extra set of what ever.

·
Banned
313 Posts
Nice work!!!! Nice turbo sittin there to the side too!! Is that goin in your car Doug? I may want some stuff powder coated here soon...Ill let you know when exactly. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
oOoO hot biz guys. I may see if I need anything powdercoated here soon. maybe my valve cover...I dunno...I'll have to think of what I'd like done. I'll pay to play bitches.

·
Registered
25 Posts
we'll have to talk about this at work tomorrow, james. my dad used to have a high volume powdercoat shop (he closed shop 3 years ago) and i could get all my stuff done free, so without that resource i'm hurtin' for powder coating.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
i found someplace else to get the powder from that is alot cheeper. ill be placing an order sometime later this week. so if anyone wants a color let me know. you can choose the colors from here

www.eastwoodco.com

there are a bunch of colors so just let me know the item number.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
I wonder if I should have my wheels done again, they were jus tfreshly painted a few months ago in gold...but since I got tires last week ,the dealer kind of chipped some parts since they were painted by gun, not powdercoating...hmm...I dunno...maybe I'll hold off on that and get something else done by you Doug :D

What's something I should get painted guys :D EBP what!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hey dipstick I dont know if you got my post from the site being down but go ahead and put me in for high gloss black and I will paypal the money to you or bring it to you thanks man.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Can you guys do wheels too. I am looking around for someone to do my wheels black with blue trim.

·
Retired Member
11,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Boggzey32, this is mostly a local thing, unless your going to stop by VA. PM Glacious though he has stock rims he can powdercoat and ship to you and his work is awesome.

--Okay update--

I ordered a stock heat shield and a stock valve cover, so we now have a core for those 2 items. Also all 3 motor mounts. Doug ordered some paint he'll have to chime in on the colors he got.

Parts We should be able to do...

------------
Top Motor Mount
Bottom Motor Mount
Tranny Mount
Battery Tray
Valve Cover
Exhaust Manifold Heat Shield
Intake Manifold (NEED CORE)
Throttle Body Spacer (NEED CORE)
Throttle Body (NEED CORE)
Block on top of top Motor Mount Bolt (NEED CORE)
The Coolant Block, thing you take off to get to thermostat (NEED CORE)
Fuel Rail (I don't see why it won't work)
Front Strut Bar
Rear Strut Bar

Since all of us have rolled our rear bumpers...

Rear Sway Bar
Lower Control Arms (NEED CORE)
Rear Strut Tension things
Rear Like Pan arm things, you see them from behind (NEED CORE)

Rims
Brake Caliphers

Just got paged to EOS so gota go.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Yes I know this is a local thing I live in Portsmouth right now, I have even hung out with you at the drag strip Im surprised you dont know me by now. My location says ohio but thats just were im from havent gotta around to changing it. I drive the black srt that was at the track last weekend with you guys.

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
invest in at least a spot blaster, it will make your work come out much better. prep work is the most important part, anybody can spray it, and if you don't prep it right it's just going to lift in a month or two. Have fun with the 2 stage colors with the hobby guns, absolute BISH to get done, mine didn't look good till I bought the $1100.00 pro hotcoat gun. Eastwood is a good place for powders, and so is columbia coatings (www.columbiacoatings.com). Those are my 2 main suppliers for powder though I do use a few others for specialty coatings like Pendry and what not.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
ok the colors that I ordered are:

High Gloss Black
Bright Yellow
Ford Dark Blue
Hi-Temp Satin Black

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Boggzey32 said:
Can you guys do wheels too. I am looking around for someone to do my wheels black with blue trim.
yes can do them but ran in a small problem and needs to get worked out.

vdubya63 said:
Hey dipstick I dont know if you got my post from the site being down but go ahead and put me in for high gloss black and I will paypal the money to you or bring it to you thanks man.
ok ordered and delievered

1 - 18 of 18 Posts