Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Mopar Stage 1 Springs $225
Psi-Fi Traction Device $275
Prothane Motor Mount Inserts [Race] $30
Deyeme Tranny Mount [Flex]$80
Hotchkiss Sway Bar Kit $270

That should make for a good drag/auto-x set up for $880?

Anything else i need? camber kit? any random bushings I should order?

Should that eliminate almost all wheelhop?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
504 Posts
You should be pretty well off as far as wheel hop. I'm not totally sure of the Prothane inserts (dogbones may be better), but you've got the right idea.

As far as autocross, realize that these mods put you in a new class. That typically means that in order to be competitive, new wheels and tires are almost necessary. Tires will often make your best change in handling ability.

There's quite a bit you can do if you are serious. My current project is figuring out how to cool down stock brakes.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im not really serious about it about I just wanna stay from big turbos because those are really peaky and for auto-x I cant see them being to useful but down here in Tampa its mainly Drag...

Dogbones - I dont want them for the vibrations and because of the issue with the oil-pan getting cracked and leaking. I drive over 50 miles a day to college and back then to work...

I am looking at wheels right now, waiting for someone to get some Velox PG-Rev10s (11.5 pounds each in 17x7) to I can see if they fit our cars or not, those are what I am aiming at.

·
Registered
8,268 Posts
traction thingy is waste of $ if your plans are as stated. you should try the LCA bushings . they only cost abtou $20 vs 275. then u can see if you need to go further, but with the stock turbo, I dont see it. Maybe a lsd would be good

·
Banned
5,330 Posts
a lca bearing kit is great for auto-x (we orignally designed them for road racing).
Zero deflection without the binding of urethane. Which means a fast acting suspension that keeps the tire in contact with the ground. Any auto-xers out there want to prove this? I garuntee quicker turn in and quicker lamp times with our system.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmm, it will help with wheelhop also? I am alot more concerned about that because of the daily run ins I seem to have with Evos and STis that end with me playing catchup.

Also, Nemo do you have a number at where I can order your LCA bushings and actual cost? I would love to save a few bills =)

And Cali, I have an 04 =)

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
the what now? what is this lca you speak of? called bushings in one post, bearings in another. if they're urethane im guessing bushings...havent seen a lot of poly bearings :)

want more info, this looks very appealing. have ipp co's and a few other suspension mods, want less deflection.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah if these do the same thing as the Psi-Fi dealies I am jumping on these , hell Ill order right this seccond. Same my ass $250+ Ill be happy as hell.

More info!

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
damnit why do they have to be the same price =(
makes picking so hard...

Prolly gunna go with the LCAs got the edge, gotta wait awhile for paycheck anyways.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sold! to the clown fish! just playin... but still gotta wait for my check, being in debt sucks especially at 18 =P

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.