Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed a 180 thermostat and I was wondering how to get the fans to turn on at 180 . I know it can be done without hardwiring the fan, since there a member in the DFW area that has done this. Any help would be great.

:informati

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
I have a fan switch on mine but you have to turn it on for it to work. When the switch is off the fan works normal.

·
Registered
951 Posts
You don't want it to turn on right at 180* It will be on almost all the time since your t-stat opens at 180* It would just cause the t-stat to close and heat back up real quick. I would set it to turn on at 195* and turn off at 185* to keep the coolant flowing. I think its set to 215* from the factory? I could be wrong.

·
Registered
782 Posts
anyone know if there is a low amperage turn on circuit that I could tie in to for a Fan On switch? The Eo1 can take input (I would run the Temp to it also then) and set a warning to output to the low amp turn on of the fans. That way the E-01 tell the fans to come on at What ever Spec I tell it to.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Can anyone tell me where or what make & model 180 deg t'stat to get to fit the 04 srt? I would like to get a motorad but the 2.4 only shows up to 98.

·
Forum Moderator
13,295 Posts
Brand = Stant
Part # = 29788

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
ez way to run the fans is to put a switch in the a/c clutch wires, run one of them to a toggle switch in the car, when the switch is open and a/c switch is on, both fans run and the a/c dosen't, when the toggle switch is closed, a/c works like normal

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
a/c turns off at WOT anyway. plus keeping your windows up keeps your interior dust free. However A/C at the track is a no-no, as you drip water on the ground. Do a search for fan mod. Throw in a bottle of water wetter to help get rid of bubbles inside the system

·
Registered
782 Posts
well I was able to hook up the E-01 optional output to the fan relay ground trigger at the relay in the box next to the battery. Its really cool since I have the output set to warning if speed is less then 1, that causes the E-01 to send a ground signal out the opt yellow wire. Its nice to have it go on with out thinking but only while not moving one bit. And of course you can always uncheck the box adn turn it off on the E01 with out any hassel.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts