Dodge SRT Forum banner
321 - 327 of 327 Posts

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Getting ready to change my stock clutch at 198,000mi.
This thread is gonna make it much easier!
THANKS! OP

·
Registered
513 Posts
When reinstalling what position should the metal pin that connects to the shift linkage be in? Also any tips for keeping the tob and bearing in place while maneuvering the tranny back in?

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
When reinstalling what position should the metal pin that connects to the shift linkage be in? Also any tips for keeping the tob and bearing in place while maneuvering the tranny back in?
There are two shift cables with a 'pin' for each. What ever position that reaches is fine. Put car in neutral and linkage on top of tranny in neutral and that will work. The tob fork will stay on unless the pivot ball clip or pivot ball is bad

·
Super Moderator
16,857 Posts
How are you reaching the bolt next to the speed sensor in step 36? Trying to get that out right now and I have no idea how I'm going to get to it.
I know I answered in your other thread, but just in case someone else sees this at some point. Two long 1/2" extensions put together will do the trick. You should have the tires removed already if you are following the step by step instructions here, I used two husky extensions I bought specifically for this purpose, because I didn't want to spend the money for better quality and those did the trick.

321 - 327 of 327 Posts