Dodge SRT Forum banner
301 - 320 of 327 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Try leaving the ball joints in. Then disconnect the two crash bolts for the strut, and the single 18mm nut for the steering rack. Swivel the entire hub out of the way. Since your "supposed" to replace the pinch bolt for the ball joint every time, I dont touch it for this reason.
Im going to be dropping my trans for a clutch install very soon. Can Philth or someone else take a pic of these bolts? Thanks!

·
Registered
12,070 Posts
ditto.

only time I've changed the pinch bolt(s) is when I've taken them out and go "these look like ass" and the threads, nut or bolt head look trashed. otherwise they're a pretty stout bolt that's not a stretch bolt. reuse at will I say.

·
Registered
8,789 Posts
Dam sweet vid, makes me think I can actually pull this off myself now.

Anyone know if it's difficult to replace the clutch pivot fork in the bell housing once the trans is out?

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Ne1 in north west (pittsburgh area) care to come help me with mine? I'll supply the beer! :)

·
Registered
308 Posts
Thanks for the how-to! Extremely helpful, almost done with mine (had to call it a night, have to be at work early!)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Coming from someone who has never in their life worked on a transmission let alone taken one off of a car, this is amazing. I'm about halfway through hooking everything back up and should be finishing tomorrow morning. I couldn't have(seriously..) done this without this How-To.

Thank you!

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #314 ·
Coming from someone who has never in their life worked on a transmission let alone taken one off of a car, this is amazing. I'm about halfway through hooking everything back up and should be finishing tomorrow morning. I couldn't have(seriously..) done this without this How-To.

Thank you!
Im glad it has been helpful to so many, makes taking all those pics during the process worth it to help fellow owners.

·
Registered
197 Posts
My car is in really need of a new clutch fork. I figure even if i buy all the tools I need (i should have almost everything but a few things) i would still be saving a ton of money doing it myself. I"m still not sure if me and my bro can do it. would be fun to try though. Awesome write up though. thanks

301 - 320 of 327 Posts