Dodge SRT Forum banner

121 - 135 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
how do i take off the sensor??? is there a lil clip holding it in place? i cant take that damn clip off someone please help......thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ive been having a problem with this i changed out my tps sensor and it still does the same deal. P0123 Im getting the rewire kit today from the dealer and hopefully this ends this nightmare.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Well just bought the car a week ago and just noticed this idle problem. I'll startle aranda it will usually idle around 1k-1.2k rpm. When I drive, seems normal until I put the car in neutral. Then the car will idle at 2k rpm and work it's way up to 3k. I will usually give it a lil gas after that (while still in neutral) and then it goes back down to the normal 1-1.2k rpm range. I performed the wiggle test but no random idle change. Gonna go ahead and order the kit. Any other suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Man it’s insane to see all of the post 10+ years later and I’m just now replacing mine I don’t know whether to say all of you beat the shit out of your neons or I just got lucky

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Man it’s insane to see all of the post 10+ years later and I’m just now replacing mine I don’t know whether to say all of you beat the shit out of your neons or I just got lucky
Must have been luck!
Plastic bits got old, brittle and crumbly under the hood of a daily driven performance turbo car.
You may well find yourself repairing the injector plugs and PCM plugs next, no doubt ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I’m doing my TPS repair and i have a quick question. May be dumb but just want to clarify.
The wiring that came with my kit with 4 individual wires (like it’s suppose to) but theres different colors (solid orange wire, orange/blue stripe wire, black/blue stripe wire, and purple/white stripe wire). So my question is does it matter what colors i use for the connector just as long as i know where each wire goes?

·
Premium Member
4,264 Posts
electronically speaking, the color on the shielding of the wire has absolutely no effect on how the electricity flows through the wire inside, therefore the color doesn't matter. For troubleshooting purposes at a later time, or if you sell the car and someone else take over your project, it could be nice to have the right color wires in the right locations.

as for the P0508, you most likely damaged the wiring going to the IAC when you were dealing with the TPS. From the factory there is too much tension on these wires and its easy to damage them if not carful.

·
Registered
15 Posts
electronically speaking, the color on the shielding of the wire has absolutely no effect on how the electricity flows through the wire inside, therefore the color doesn't matter. For troubleshooting purposes at a later time, or if you sell the car and someone else take over your project, it could be nice to have the right color wires in the right locations.

as for the P0508, you most likely damaged the wiring going to the IAC when you were dealing with the TPS. From the factory there is too much tension on these wires and its easy to damage them if not carful.
Thanks man for the input 👍🏾 i appreciate it. I resolved the problem and the car runs waaay better now 😁

·
Premium Member
4,264 Posts
Thanks man for the input 👍🏾 i appreciate it. I resolved the problem and the car runs waaay better now 😁
What ended up being your other issue?

121 - 135 of 135 Posts