Dodge SRT Forum banner

101 - 120 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
i'm about to do this this weekend. any tips on soldering??? as in what guage to use, if any additives need to be used ect. i've been told monkeys can solder w/out problems but i'm still pretty brainless when it comes ton wiring.

·
Registered
100 Posts
i'm about to do this this weekend. any tips on soldering??? as in what guage to use, if any additives need to be used ect. i've been told monkeys can solder w/out problems but i'm still pretty brainless when it comes ton wiring.
i used posi taps on to connect my wires supper easy noproblems ever since

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well, I finally had a chance to work on my car. I did the rewire which didn't do the trick. I went ahead and ordered a tps sensor with my wiring kit, changed it, and didn't help either. I have no idea what the problem could be at this point.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I also have a buddy who has done the TPS re-wire, and replaced the sensor itself to no avail. any ideas thrown this way would be superb.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Well I figured out my issue, my car was kicking a P1188 TIP SENSOR PERFORMANCE code so I ended up re-running all but 1 (Tip sensor was only one left alone, Solenoid #1 ) of my vacuum lines. Mind you I only have the Tip solenoid hooked up because I'm running an aftermarket wastegate and aftermarket bov. Anyways replaced all of my vacuum lines and applied zip ties on EVERY vacuum splice end. Then I left the yellow line running from the TIP sensor completely untouched and traced it back to the solenoid. Then took the other vacuum line that shared the solenoid with the TIP's vacuum line and capped the end off. This removed both my P1188 code but also removed the annoying high idle.(My idle issue would normally do it for 3-4 shifts then it would disappear until I turned the car off and started it back up again.) (BTW for those that don't know what they are looking for, the TIP sensor is on the driverside fender just above the CAI hole). This solved my problem, can't promise it will do the same for you.

Sorry if this seemed lengthy, wanted to give a bit more detail for anyone who possibly stumbles across this thread later on.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I finally figured out my problem. I developed a loud whistle near my intake manifold. Upon further investigation I found that the gasket was leaking. I changed it today, and my car immediately went back to normal. It had to be leaking for a while, but I would have never known if it hadn't started whistling.. My car had the exact same symptoms as having a tps problem. Maybe some of you who have re-wired, and changed sensors have a leaking intake manifold. If you think your gasket may be leaking, but dont know for sure I would recommend changing it anyway. I got the hondata one from MP which was 40 bucks, but you can pick one up for less than 10 bucks, and it is pretty easy to change. If you need any help send me a pm.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I have bought this kit but haven't had time to install it. What are the little golds things used for?

·
Registered
780 Posts
Just did the rewire kit at work on break it was easy but I didn't solder the wires I tied them up together and burned the rubber over them to keep them tight on. Was easy only took my 15 mintues to do

·
Registered
33 Posts
I finally figured out my problem. I developed a loud whistle near my intake manifold. Upon further investigation I found that the gasket was leaking. I changed it today, and my car immediately went back to normal. It had to be leaking for a while, but I would have never known if it hadn't started whistling.. My car had the exact same symptoms as having a tps problem. Maybe some of you who have re-wired, and changed sensors have a leaking intake manifold. If you think your gasket may be leaking, but dont know for sure I would recommend changing it anyway. I got the hondata one from MP which was 40 bucks, but you can pick one up for less than 10 bucks, and it is pretty easy to change. If you need any help send me a pm.
the fate of me keeping my baby is on your words. i hope you are right.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I'll be doing the same thing, but with the cam sensor. Oh joy.....

·
Registered
0 Posts
The numbering is wrong...

Hello, I picked up a car a couple weeks ago and this had already been done. I couldn't get a good idle so I decided to redo it. I cut the other's work off and started to use your instructions but ran into a slight snag with it. I bought the repair kit from the local Dodge dealer and started to insert the blue wire as you said into slot #1. With the plug laid out as you have in your picture, the slots are 1-3 from left to right. I didn't have the stock plug to go off from so I went off your picture of your stock plug with the broken black wire. this is where I noticed the blue should be in slot 3. Orange/black stripe goes in the middle, slot 2 and the orange goes in the #1 slot(slot on the left). Wiring it up as you stated 1, 2, 3, is how the last guy did it which resulted in closed throttle TPS voltage at .16v and the WOT .65v.

Never the less, your picture is what helped me correct my issue of the MAF/MAP TPS Correlation code along with the TPS low voltage code so thank you...

·
Registered
95 Posts
so i checked my tps wire and i was wiggling each lil wire and when i got to the 5v one my motor started reving higher so now im goin to order a new tps kit but my question is will all of this make my car not wanna go past 5psi is it in some kind of half power mode or something?

101 - 120 of 135 Posts