Dodge SRT Forum banner

81 - 100 of 135 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
just finished doin this had the code now is gone and car runs great thanks. I crimped the wires together hopefully that works out well too. thanks again

·
Registered
10 Posts
ok heres a tricky one i was racing a sts and my car was hopping of course and now its doing the whole reving at 2g but my breaks arent working as if my car was off and i just finished pumping the breaks so there rock hard and my boost gauge says at idle no vac so its at 0 and theres no engine light, it revs and i still get boost cause i hear the bov and feel it when i took it out again but if you can help in any way that would be good

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
Sounds like the vacuum hose to your brake booster came off.

·
Registered
10 Posts
yep found the hose cause i just took out the battery cause i noticed the oil everywhere and there it was thanks now time to go cruisin again, see if anyone is to stupid to race a shaved srt4 :p

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
IMO, stop street racing. Seeing who's faster aint worth a disaster. Many HERE have lost lives, freedom, cars, money, and negatively effcted their futures. Please take it to the track.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
When the tps connector goes bad, is it usually something having to do with the black wire? I got p0122 about 2 days ago, and I have replaced the TPS, didn't help. Also, if the sensor is plugged in or not doesn't matter, car runs the same either way. What could the problem be?

·
Premium Member
2,404 Posts
I don't really feel like spending $30 for 3 wires. Anyone know what gauge this wire is and the resistance?

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
I don't really feel like spending $30 for 3 wires. Anyone know what gauge this wire is and the resistance?
You get 6 wires for some reason, which is cool in case it goes bad and you can do it again. It also comes with heat shrink which is real thick and an OEM connector.

Here is my gripe...I just got doing it and the TPS rewire wires are a lot thicker and less flexible than the OEM wires, this makes soldering a pain in the rear since its hard to western union the wires together. Plus the limited amount of space makes it a chore.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Why is it with MP tip kit they give you alot of wires when you only need 3 whats the other wires for?Thx for the help.
They give extra wires just incase you mess up lol. And its also so if you have the problem again you can just fix it

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
my car went from straight trash throwing like three codes to smooths as exlax

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nice writeup. I was having no problems at all with my idle, but I decided to do the occasional pcm reboot last week. I unhooked the battery like normal and put it back. The next time I drove the car I was getting the high idle madness that comes with the tps problem. To me it seems like it may be the sensor, and not the wiring since it started after I unhooked the battery. Any thoughts? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Nice writeup. I was having no problems at all with my idle, but I decided to do the occasional pcm reboot last week. I unhooked the battery like normal and put it back. The next time I drove the car I was getting the high idle madness that comes with the tps problem. To me it seems like it may be the sensor, and not the wiring since it started after I unhooked the battery. Any thoughts? Thanks.
Are you throwing any CEL's? If so,you need to check them. If you dont know how to,PM me and I will explain it to you its very simple and takes seconds without any kind of tool. Have you inspected the TPS sensor,harness and connector yet? One of the 3 wires on my connector came loose one day after I installed a cold side pipe which then lead me to do the fix. My advice to you would be as follows...

1.) Start your car and look for CEL's.

2.) Inspect your TPS sensor,connector and harness for any loose/damaged wires.

Then we can go from there,feel free to shoot me a PM im you have any questions! :thumbsup:

-Frazier

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks for the quick response Frazier. The only code I have is the skim key code for my stage 2. I quickly checked the wires for the tps, but I haven't had time to skin them back or anything. Hopefully, I will have a chance tomorrow, and I will let you know what I find. I just thought it was weird that it started after I disconnected the battery.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Well I had a problem with a high idle (about 2 to 2.5k anywhere in that range) when I pushed the clutch pedal in. I did my research and found out about the TPS connector being shot is common in these cars. I went to the local dealer and purchased the re-wire kit and got to work.

I triple checked every solder job and every wire to make sure they all matched. Everything checked out. Heat shrinked everything up and put it all back into place. Now my car when I push the clutch in revs all the way up to 3k......

I have the new sensor sitting in my glove box but don't wanna waste the time putting it in if its not bad.

Any suggestions?

Codes being spit out are:
P0068-MANIFOLD PRESSURE/THROTTLE POSITION CORRELATION
P1188 TIP SENSOR PERFORMANCE

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Idk if this will fix mine. I have the same p0068 code ppl have on here but on mine I'm at like 10af at idle and cruising. So is this the same sensor or do I have a diff issue

81 - 100 of 135 Posts