Dodge SRT Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Don't do this. Those stock wires are for lighting (the bulb in the stock gauge), and the voltage varies as the dash brightness is adjusted. You will have problems doing this.

Use a proper +12V from the fuse panel, and a good ground from a metal piece under the dash. For the green (lights wire), connect that to the headlight/parklight switch or even directly to a park light (positive side).
i didnt hook up the green wire so i cant adjust the dimness with the stock setup but i can adjust the dimness and brightness with the guage settings

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
i didnt hook up the green wire so i cant adjust the dimness with the stock setup but i can adjust the dimness and brightness with the guage settings
Right ... if you don't hook up the green wire, you can still adjust the brightness with the gauge (using the "br" setting), but you lose the feature of the gauge dimming at night (when the gauge sees that you turned on the lights).

You may get away with using the stock wire (I think it would be the white wire) connected to the green wire on the gauge, but if you turn the dash lights down too low, then the dimming feature may not work. In this case, it does not hurt to try it.

Also, if you don't connect the green wire, VEI Systems usually recommends that you connect it to ground, so it's not floating where it can possibly pick up noise.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Is the autometer 30/30 a direct fit w/ the stocker meaning a lot of these steps go away? Does it sit in the oem pod properly?

·
Registered
152 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,849 Posts
So I know this thread is old as hell but bump can I get the pics that were here
I second this, pics are no longer coming up.
This is not a very difficult job. While i dont have pictures to give you, i can likely help you if you have specific questions about the task. Is there something specific you want/need to see?

41 - 50 of 50 Posts