Dodge SRT Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Hi how you remove the prosport electrical boost gauge to install the SRT-4 mechincal boost gauge anybody know how to do this pictures write ups please.
lol i need to kno how to put the pro sport in theres just so many wires on the deluxe version and i was wondering if i can stick the boost sensor right in the little housing behind the gauge!

·
Registered
390 Posts
The MAP sensor? I tucked mine down right below the driver's side A pillar down by the fuse box.[/QUOTEits needs a boost line run to it so yahh maybe thats what it is lol im mounting in the stock loacation and i was just gonna connect it in the little hole where the gauge is

·
Registered
8,080 Posts
Where are you guys picking them up from? Which gauge is it?

Vacuum & Boost Pressure, 2-1/16" (52mm), 60 PSI / 4 Bar..

or

Hi-Res Vacuum & Boost Pressure, 2-1/16" (52mm), 60.0 PSI

·
Registered
261 Posts
I got mine from vgauges.com they also included the correct nuts for the SRT pod. I bought the hi-res version. Probably could have been fine with the normal version, but I love the peek boost feature.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
anyone know if i can just use the black wire and white wire from the stock boost guage light to hook up the vei boost guage? rather than running wire to fuse panel im going to be hooking this up tonight or tomorrow !

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
anyone know what the orange wire with the white 2 pin connector on it is?
im not sure which one it is, are you using the vei guage?
also all you need to hook up is the power and ground, the wire used for the dimmer is not needed, you can adjust the dimness with the guage

·
Registered
204 Posts
anyone know if i can just use the black wire and white wire from the stock boost guage light to hook up the vei boost guage? rather than running wire to fuse panel im going to be hooking this up tonight or tomorrow !
Bump for answer!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
i tried using the black and white wire from the original boost guage light and it didnt work so i ran a power wire from the fuse box and a seperate ground, hope that helps

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Bump for answer!!:thumbsup:
Don't do this. Those stock wires are for lighting (the bulb in the stock gauge), and the voltage varies as the dash brightness is adjusted. You will have problems doing this.

Use a proper +12V from the fuse panel, and a good ground from a metal piece under the dash. For the green (lights wire), connect that to the headlight/parklight switch or even directly to a park light (positive side).

21 - 40 of 50 Posts