Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
I figured a reply for future reference wouldn't hurt.

First off, disconnect the quick disconnect fitting. There's a specific dodge tool for this, but since i didn't have this, i was able to push the plastic piece in towards the front of the car and pop the line off.

Once this is disconnected, grab onto the "handle" portion of the cylinder. push in towards the engine, and then twist counter clockwise. it will turn about a 1/4 of a turn and then will slide right out! I hope this helps a bit

- Mike

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
i know this thread is old...but i have searched the froums for the past 3 hours and this is the first thread that gave any clear direction on how to remove the slvae cylinder..thanx

·
Registered
319 Posts
how do you bleed the slave cylinder?
If memory serves, you remove the slave cylinder from the tranny case, remove the fluid cap on clutch fluid reservoir, and then slowly depress the rod on the slave cylinder 10 times or so. This should effectively bleed both the slave and master cylinders.

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
Having problems with the quick disconnect... I tried to pull the white/yellow platic piece towards the front of the car like 3 times. I even pushed it out and nothing. Anyone have any ideas? The plastic piece is cracked now too...

·
Premium Member, SRT of the Month
3,602 Posts
Take a flat head screw driver...hold it sideways against the lip of the white disconnect fitting and work your way around pushing the white part down.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Need help with it to I'm so confuse looking on another parts but can't find nothin :/

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
56 Posts
AIGHT S

So the quick release needs to be pushed down with a flat head screwdriver (the white plastic piece, the line drapes over the transmission housing)

Once pushed down is does take a little force to remove is from the line

Next take the cylinder is self and rotate it COUNTER CLOCKWISE and then remove the cylinder from the transmission

With the new slave cylinder

Attach the line on the quick release
Mine did not come with a new plastic piece so i had to use the old one.

Again use some force to push the cylinder line on to the line that comes over the transmission

Next take the cap off the clutch fluid resouvior

Pour in the fluid

In order to "bleed" the cylinder you need to push the silver rod in and out on the slave cylinder
(bubbles will come up in the resouvior)

once the bubbles stop

clip the plastic lines holding the piston back

BE CAREFUL not to let the silver rod slip all the way out of the cylinder

work the slave cylinder into the transmission and rotate it CLOCKWISE

put the cap back on the resouvior.

Hop inside the whip and see how she feels.

MAY NEED TO ADJUST THE CLUTCH PEDAL ACCORDINGLY

Hope this clears somethings up for people.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not sure if this is on other threads but, if you use a 18mm wrench you can get the quick release off rather easily. When removing the line it helps to give it a few taps to help ease the removal.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts