Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to pull my S3 manifold/turbo this weekend and send to DCR.

What's the easiest way to get at the bolts and remove it? Any recommendations on what size wrenchs/sockets to use. How long does it take if you have average mechanical skills?

Any tips are appreciated...

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Ubnpnkd said:
I need to pull my S3 manifold/turbo this weekend and send to DCR.

What's the easiest way to get at the bolts and remove it? Any recommendations on what size wrenchs/sockets to use. How long does it take if you have average mechanical skills?

Any tips are appreciated...

Hey big guy. well just make sure to drain out a BUNCH of coolant and all the oil. I had to remove the bolt that holds the tranny mount to the tranny and the top passanger side mount then lower the motor a little. to get the turbo out. In reference to the rest of the removal its a long process, but it took me about 2.5 hours taking my time and listening to the radio.

Who did the install?

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help. I had the install done by a shop in Arizona so this is new to me. Is there any way to pull the mani/turbo without lowering the motor or does the clearance make it impossible?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Ubnpnkd said:
Thanks for the help. I had the install done by a shop in Arizona so this is new to me. Is there any way to pull the mani/turbo without lowering the motor or does the clearance make it impossible?

Well lets put it this way, I tried every way I knew how and still proceeded to scratch my pretty valve cover. I dont think it can be done without lowering the motor.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
srt4police said:
Well lets put it this way, I tried every way I knew how and still proceeded to scratch my pretty valve cover. I dont think it can be done without lowering the motor.
CRIPES!!! Now I know why people don't want to pull it off to check for cracks :rofl:

·
Registered
110 Posts
I find it easier to remove the coolant and oil lines from the turbo and remove the clamp that mates the turbo to the exhaust manifold. Then you can take the turbo off and finish removing the manifold bolts and it should come out from the top with ease.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Slacker said:
I find it easier to remove the coolant and oil lines from the turbo and remove the clamp that mates the turbo to the exhaust manifold. Then you can take the turbo off and finish removing the manifold bolts and it should come out from the top with ease.
Im with him ^^ When putting it all together you have to be VERY CAREFUL though or you can mess something up easy. Make sure all the surfaces are clean and all that jazz.. Take your time on that part and don't worry if you have to restart a few times just to get it perfect :thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts