Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Replacing the clutch. Trans is almost out minus the one bolt in the rear near the speed sensor (circled in the image). Does anyone know how to get to this bolt? I've probably spent 4-5 hours trying to get this bolt out and nothing can reach it. I did manage to get my air ratchet on it with an extension and a deep socket, but it didn't have enough torque to remove the bolt.
Vertebrate Product Motor vehicle Automotive tire Organism

·
Super Moderator
16,857 Posts
Replacing the clutch. Trans is almost out minus the one bolt in the rear near the speed sensor (circled in the image). Does anyone know how to get to this bolt? I've probably spent 4-5 hours trying to get this bolt out and nothing can reach it. I did manage to get my air ratchet on it with an extension and a deep socket, but it didn't have enough torque to remove the bolt. View attachment 149527
I specifically bought two 1/2" long extensions JUST for that bolt. You should have the front wheels off already (if you are following the typical transmission removal step by step procedures). You can get the socket on that bolt using the extensions. I think I have Husky brand, I would have bought Craftsman but I don't even know where to get them now, and I couldn't see the reasoning for spending 40 to 100 dollars a piece for higher quality like Snap On and the like. They are obviously handy to have around individually, but I think the only time I've used them put together is THAT freaking bolt.

·
Super Moderator
16,857 Posts

This thread is a God send for transmission removal. It doesn't have some of the tricks and shortcuts, but this gets you where you need to go.

Do you have a transmission jack ready to go? Don't buy the harbor freight one 450 lb. Low Lift Transmission Jack

It's a piece of shit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts