41 - 60 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
haha that's my iPhone spelling , sometimes keyboard freezes so .. Whatever

·
Registered
56 Posts
i have had my security go off before so i know its active. But this wont work for me with a keyfo0b from original wireless. whats the next step?

·
Registered
233 Posts
When I got my fob from the factory programmed it came to 150! this sounds lame but I like new products! so I bought a new fob 90$ the rest was labor... But I am happy with my purchase so yep!

·
Registered
874 Posts
bump. i just did this, and i know why the one guys de programed his first one. I'll type up a better how to later tonight. this works great. i now have 3 key fobs instead of 1.

just posted new key fob programing how to at end of thead on page 4.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Stupid dealership. I went today. And they said it won't work they tried on some other car.

They also said they would charge me 45 bux working or not.

That really pissed me off

·
Registered
874 Posts
My revised and easier how to.
original fob
new fobs

Here is a quick HowTo on programming your own keyless entry:

As long as you have one working keyfob you can program more this way.

1. Using a functional key fob transmitter, unlock the vehicle and disarm the Vehicle Theft Security System.
2. With the doors closed and everything else off, especially turbo timers, Insert ignition key into the ignition switch.
3. Turn the ignition switch to RUN position without starting engine.
4. Using a functional key fob transmitter, press and hold the UNLOCK button for a minimum five seconds (maximum ten seconds).
5. While still holding UNLOCK button on the original fob, and before ten seconds passes, press the PANIC button on the original fob and release both buttons at the same time. A single chime will sound to indicate that the transmitter programming mode has been entered (allow 3 seconds for chime to sound).
6. Within 30 seconds of the chime, press and release the “LOCK” and “UNLOCK” buttons on the original transmitter at the same time.
6.5 You must press the lock and unlock buttons on the original fob, then the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th key fobs. each time you click both buttons on each fob, a chime will sound letting you know that that specific fob is programed.
7. Repeat steps 5 and 6 for all transmitters that will be used with this vehicle (up to 4 total).
8. Turn ignition to the OFF position. Transmitter programming mode will discontinue after 60 seconds. All transmitter programming must be completed within time specified.
8.5 After you program all your key fobs, turn the ignition off, then back on, first check to make sure that your original fob works by clicking the unlock and then the lock buttons checking for the sound of the locks working. then check the other fobs, all should now be working.

·
Registered
375 Posts
When I got my fob from the factory programmed it came to 150! this sounds lame but I like new products! so I bought a new fob 90$ the rest was labor... But I am happy with my purchase so yep!
Stupid dealership. I went today. And they said it won't work they tried on some other car.

They also said they would charge me 45 bux working or not.

That really pissed me off
Bump

Just went to the dealer and purchased a new fob (car didnt come with any when i got it used in Febuary of 08) for $70. After sitting at home, trying to program it, to no avail, i looked here and saw that i had to have the dealer do it. So i went back to the dealer, hoping they would give me a discounted price. Nope. They said its $100 to have a tech program it and it takes about 45 minutes. Then he tells me they didnt have time so now i have to go back another day to have them do it. :flame:

·
Registered
741 Posts
ohhh.....dude, you went the more expensive way.

The way I did it was I got a fob off ebay for 12 bux, it just took me a few days to find a used one.

Then I reread the how to and realized I needed the original which I didn't have. So when I went to the first dealer it was a not sure if it's going to work but it's 45 dollars anyway.

I said F that so I went to a different dealership and they were nicer said yup it can be done, real quick and only 15 bux. So I went that route 10 minutes later and 30 bux, I had a programmed working key fob.

So I say go ahead and try different dealers I'm sure you'll bound to find one.

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
finally got around to programing my new fob. egdehold's system took less than a minute to activate new fob and if i had another 2 i wouldn't doubt being able to get all done within a minute. this is very easy and if you mess up, i feel really bad for you LOL.

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
this is only for the keyless entry fob...if you want to make a spare without using the dealership you need to have 2 operating keys currently. if not then you need to get a key and program from the dealer.

·
Registered
435 Posts
My keyfob stopped working. Put new batteries in, still won't work. If I buy a new keyfob, will I be able to program it this way? Or since the original from my car is broken, I have to go to the dealership?

·
Registered
741 Posts
My keyfob stopped working. Put new batteries in, still won't work. If I buy a new keyfob, will I be able to program it this way? Or since the original from my car is broken, I have to go to the dealership?
I believe you need to have a working keyless to program any additional one, otherwise you would need to go to the stealership.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
According to the information in this thread and the owner's manual, the keyfob and key can be used to program additional keyfobs/keys.

But, according to the manual, the red led in the cluster should blink slowly if the alarm is activated, which mine is not.

I have an 03 and never really thought about the factory alarm. I rarely use the keyfob, but I just tried to unlock and lock the car with it and it does work. It just doesn't activate the alarm.

Is there any way to do this at home?

·
Registered
531 Posts
well how about this case? i had an 05 that i lost thanks to a dumb ass that took a red light, i kept the spare key and remote. Now i just bought another srt-4 and it came with one key and remote, can i use the spare remote from my old srt and program it using these steps to work with my new car? or this only works with new remotes that have not been programed before?

·
Registered
531 Posts
never mind my last question, i just did it and it works

41 - 60 of 88 Posts