Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title says it all.
I must be stupid cause I cannot figure out how to raise my car up on these things.
I wish these came with instructions.
Can someone tell me how to do this, My front tires rub badly.
I am a visual learner-----

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
So what is the total length of the shock?

on the BC web site www.bcec.com.tw they say that the shock must be in the lower portion by at least 80mm.

Thats great information except that I didn't see where they tell you the total length of the shock.

So now that they are on the car and they are so low that I can not remove the jack from under the car... I will go take one back off to find out the total length.

I'll post my findings later. I don't have the time to wait for some brain child to post the information for me.

~Later

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Yeah, cuz any real brainchild would either...

A. Search here for answers ( I can think of three threads that tell you how to do it)

Or.

B. Done it right the first time.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
neonelite10 said:
Yeah, cuz any real brainchild would either...

A. Search here for answers ( I can think of three threads that tell you how to do it)

Or.

B. Done it right the first time.
Man you win you beat me in an internet fight. You are the best ever.

=========================================================

With the front coilovers out of the box and on the car I measured from the ground up to the center of the fender opening. The measurement was 25" (the same as my tien s techs).

I wanted to go a little higher so I raised the shock until I measured 40mm of space from the open bottom of the mount up inside to the shock bottom.

The front shock mount is 130mm long so with 80mm needing to be in there then the maximum number is 50mm that you can measure from the bottom of the mount up inside to the shock bottom.

Setting the front at 40mm put my front ground to fender opening measurement at 25 1/2 inches.

For the rears the mount is 190mm long so you have 110mm of adjustment to keep 80mm of shock inside the mount. I set my rears at 60mm of space from the bottom of the mount up to the shock bottom. I'm going to readjust that setting since that gave me 27" from ground to top center of wheel opening.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
You said you were using the two upper rings to raise the car, that is incorrect, as they simply preload the suspension, so when you are measuring, you need to (difficult) take into consideration the spring compression when you set the car back on the ground.

EDIT: Sorry, I think I misread the above posted instructions, it wasn't you posting that. So I thought it was you that was raising/lowering the car that way.

Read this thread.....
http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307215

And this page from this thread...
http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=313652&page=3

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
Bump for this quote. Great info. Had to max mine out with 50mm from the bottom of the strut to where the shock is. Used a ziptie cut down to 50mm for measurement. Haha. Damn 235/45/17 RE71Rs.

Man you win you beat me in an internet fight. You are the best ever.

=========================================================

With the front coilovers out of the box and on the car I measured from the ground up to the center of the fender opening. The measurement was 25" (the same as my tien s techs).

I wanted to go a little higher so I raised the shock until I measured 40mm of space from the open bottom of the mount up inside to the shock bottom.

The front shock mount is 130mm long so with 80mm needing to be in there then the maximum number is 50mm that you can measure from the bottom of the mount up inside to the shock bottom.

Setting the front at 40mm put my front ground to fender opening measurement at 25 1/2 inches.

For the rears the mount is 190mm long so you have 110mm of adjustment to keep 80mm of shock inside the mount. I set my rears at 60mm of space from the bottom of the mount up to the shock bottom. I'm going to readjust that setting since that gave me 27" from ground to top center of wheel opening.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts