Dodge SRT Forum banner

61 - 80 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I'm not sure where on the block you plug the coolant lines. I'm not talking about the reroute he did to route the two coolant lines together. I did that.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
no shit I'm aware of that. Currently I have it rerouted, I would prefer to block the lines. That way there is less of a possibilty of the rerouted line coming loose and spilling coolant everywhere.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
no shit I'm aware of that. Currently I have it rerouted, I would prefer to block the lines. That way there is less of a possibilty of the rerouted line coming loose and spilling coolant everywhere.
there's one up top by the battery & the other one is at the bottom of the block near the oil pan

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Then I don't understand your confusion. You pull out the reroute and block the two holes that the hose was going into. Seems pretty self explanatory if you already did the reroute.

ptperformance probably has some pics since he sells the plugs.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
I just did this last night. It took forever trying to reuse the stock hose clamps but I did it. I have about a hand width of clearance between the hose and member, is that enough to ensure it won't rub?

·
Banned
6,529 Posts
in all honesty, as much as i dislike PTP, i like the design of their kit better than DCR's. Mating 2 o-rings to each other just seems more leak prone to me.
i wouldnt say there 0-rings.....its solid metal with a rubber coating on top of it......its smashing rubber against metal......works fine

·
Premium Member
6,496 Posts
i wouldnt say there 0-rings.....its solid metal with a rubber coating on top of it......its smashing rubber against metal......works fine
Those are what we called molded, or formed in place, o-rings. We use them on aircraft all the time. Sometimes they are double stacked as well on the aircraft as well.

So......

:paranoid:

61 - 80 of 101 Posts