Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Forum Moderator
13,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got the AGP dump tube routed right into the mid pipe of the exhaust system. Don't ask me why but I feel like having the dump open. Probably because I hang out with a buddy with a loud ass 04 GTO and I feel left out. :rofl:

What can I use to plug the small inch and a quarter pipe welded in the mid pipe?

Is there such thing as a closed end pipe that I can slide over it and clamp it somehow?

I really don't know what to look for to seal the pipe temporarily for when I feel like being quiet again.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
duct tape!!

probably take a piece of metal put some copper sealant on it and use a couple clamps to tighten it down just a thought maybe some one has a better idea but that seem to be logical if its temp.

·
Registered
8,066 Posts
is it threaded???
if it is im sure a store like home depot or a plumbing store would have it other wise take it to a exhaust shop or anyone that can weld and have them weld it shut

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
take a pipe the same diameter as the pipe thats you want to cover. Cut a small section out.

Take that section and now cut the circle in half so you have a moon shape.

Take the moon shape and hammer it so it fits over the pipe you want to cover. Now weld it in.

If you want to do it the getto fabulious rican way then make the pipe longer and put some hightemp RTV and use some worm gear clamps etc to hold the piep in place. Thats the getto fab way though.

·
Forum Moderator
13,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is what the small pipe looks like except mine is welded directly to my mid pipe. I'm looking for a NON permanent solution where I can plug/seal this pipe but be able to easily remove it when I want to resort back to rerouting the dump.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts