Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
HAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!
29,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This mod will clear some or all of the No Cat Codes that the engine throws for not having a Cat.

*This was first done by forum member: jmihalchik
Here is his How To: HOW-TO: Trick Comp For No Cat Code - SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum

*I am not responsible for any mishaps due to you doing this mod...If you are not mechanicly inclined. Please get help when doing this.

*Hope this helps a lot of people...Any questions...feel free to post but no pms, please...I get enough already :hi:

Parts Needed:

18mm Spark Plug Non-Fouler (come in 2 per pack) and are available at any local auto store ($5)

7/16th drill bit ($5)

Compressed Air Can / Air Compressor ($5 for can)

7/8th Wrench

Drill (Bosch > Craftsman)

How To:

-Disconnect Negative Battery Terminal

-Find 2nd o2 Sensor Harness and disconnect it.

-Take 7/8th wrench and remove sensor (lefty loosy, righty tighty)

-Take non fouler out of package and secure with a vice grip (Preferably a big vice grip)

-Insert Drill Bit in Drill (DO NOT HAVE THE DRILL PLUGED IN WHEN DOING THIS)

-Support the Vice Grip with your feet or any other heavy object, soo when the drill is going, it doesnt shoot out flying.

-Do not penetrate the tip of the Fouler...you will just be drilling to open up the inside of it.

-After you have drilled some of the inside off...Clean the metal shavings off with the bottle or air compressor...try to insert the O2 Sensor in and tighten. (Try drilling little by little until the O2 Sensor screws in) I left the vice grip on the Fouler and just tightened the O2 Sensor with the 7/8s Wrench...much easier and faster.

-Fouler and O2 Sensor should look like this...(If it doesnt, please stop and get someone with more "mechanical skills")

-Insert Fouler into Downpipe

-Tighten up the Fouler (not the O2) into the Downpipe

-Plug in O2 Sensor harness back (Make sure you hear a "clicking" sound)

And you done...

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
anyone have pics of what the fouler should look like after the drilling

·
Registered
241 Posts
i did this mod and i get a cel p2096 post cat lean condition all the time.. Only mod is 3" dp on 05 srt

·
Registered
241 Posts
does that mean in need to drill out more for it to se more exhaust???

·
Registered
241 Posts
:bump:

·
Registered
241 Posts
OK I have done this mod in ever way posable.. I tried drilling it just enough so the o2 sensor is tight i get p2096 post cat lean condition... I tried drilling it all the way through thinking it needed to see more exhaust and still P2096.. Then i took out the non fouler and got p0420 cat insufficient... Finally i found a how to guide on a different forum that said to drill all the way through one non fouler and screw it in to the other non fouler (not drilling the second one at all) and the putting it on the downpipe, and then the cel P2096. So what else is there to do... I have a 2005 srt with hks ssq and 3'' dp thats it.. Can someone help me out?? Thanks..

·
Registered
241 Posts
Can some one give me any info.. That helps! Thanks

·
Registered
241 Posts
i dont think the sensor is bad do to the differant codes i get.. i think it might have some thing to do with the way i have my tip sensor boost source.. im not running it from the up pipe im going to see what i can do today about that

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
This only works if you are throwing the no cat code. Sounds like you have a different problem. Could be the TIP sensor, I know 2005's are REALLY bitchy when it comes to that damn thing.

·
Registered
241 Posts
theres nothing wrong with the tip sensor and i do get a no cat code if i dont use the non fouler but when i use it i get a post cat lean condition code p2096. so im not sure what going on. i never had that problem intill i put the DP on.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts