Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
8,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Moderators feel free to move this to the how-to section when you see fit.

Ingredients

"Great Stuff, big gap filler"-5$

expired credit card-free

Led light board from srt4store-45$

optional...
acetone (if you make a mess)

step 1

put taillights in the oven (rest them on a towel so they dont melt) at 200 degrees for 5 mins at a time until they are soft enough to pry apart with a butter knife...

·
Registered
8,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
step 2

bust out the butter knife and pry around the taillights (at the connecting tabs) SLOWLY so you dont crack them...

·
Registered
8,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
test fit the led board into the housing and pull the wires through the hole

·
Registered
8,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
VERY IMPORTANT!!!!

wrap the wires around the screw at the back of the taillight so that the led board stays in place while you apply the great stuff. Or have your friend hold the other side while you spray it.

·
Registered
8,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wait approx 3-4 hours for it to cure...

use the acetone on the stubborn foam that wont come off, acetone dissolves it with the quickness!

put the taillights back into the oven (AFTER the foam has cured for at least 8 hours) at 200 degrees and press them back together (you could also use a hairdryer for this step)

·
Registered
8,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here is a pic with them on...

later on I'll apply the tint and show you how to wire them up with the resistor so they dont flash fast...

thanks for lookin!

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
BTR said:
Stage2BlackSRT4 said:
Good write UP! thank you, I'm going to have to do this.. Are they brighter then stock?
I'll post a comparison later :clap:
Sweet, thanks for taking the time to do the write up

·
Registered
523 Posts
Nice write up, I'll have to get some more tails to try this. I just bought red LED bulbs for mine:thumbsup:

·
Banned
330 Posts
wow, here i thought someone was tryin their own thing......then here i realise whos doing it...and what they're using...haha

good job man! more than i did, thats for sure, but mad props none the less! i just used JB Weld to hold mine in place :)

i'm actually going to release these again, this time i'm thinkin of 5mm wide angle red led's, instead of the 3mm narrow angle led's... Sure they wont be as bright but the led's have a 120degree viewing angle, so youll CLEARLY see the tails from any angle.

I'll probably do both, let people choose, but so far i've compared the 5mm wide and 3mm narrow side by side, and so far, i'm really liking the way the 5mm looks compared to the 3mm :)

scrub: ill let you know soon as i have more ready to ship. my factories are both closed till the end of the money for their spring festival.....

·
Registered
8,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
SRT-4Store.com said:
wow, here i thought someone was tryin their own thing......then here i realise whos doing it...and what they're using...haha

good job man! more than i did, thats for sure, but mad props none the less! i just used JB Weld to hold mine in place :)

i'm actually going to release these again, this time i'm thinkin of 5mm wide angle red led's, instead of the 3mm narrow angle led's... Sure they wont be as bright but the led's have a 120degree viewing angle, so youll CLEARLY see the tails from any angle.

I'll probably do both, let people choose, but so far i've compared the 5mm wide and 3mm narrow side by side, and so far, i'm really liking the way the 5mm looks compared to the 3mm :)

scrub: ill let you know soon as i have more ready to ship. my factories are both closed till the end of the money for their spring festival.....
WTF?

all that work I did and NOW you release the wide angle ones?!?!?!? :grimrippe

1 - 20 of 105 Posts