Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for direction from anyone who has made their own gasket for the Moper BOV conversion. I bought a used one and it came with a gasket but its made of cardboard type material the one you'd use in art classes. What should I buy and how would I go about making a gasket? My concern is that I don't want any excess gasket to be around the moon hole or in the circle inside the moon. Or to go anywhere its not suppose to go. Thanks in advance for any tips.

·
Registered
309 Posts
well to answer your question on how to make a gasket, go to you autoparts store and ask for gasket paper they'll have either cork or paper, get paper, then you just come home and lay the gasket paper over the bov plate. tap around all the edges of the bov through the gasket paper, this should almost cut the gasket paper if you do it right, if not it should tear away easily. ive used this technique often, it was taught to me by a freind of mine who raced across brazil in their version of our baja 1000. ive used it serveral times on my baja and they all have held strong.

·
Forum Moderator
3,190 Posts
I Made one out of thin copper for my block off plate and some RTV gasket sealant...Works like a charm.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got some gasket paper(pink one) from Autozone.
This stuff is great was kinda thick compared to the Mopar one. I traced the BOV on the gasket and then cut it out. Afterwards I used some gasket maker in a tube, the high temp none harding one. Placed some of it on the actual BOV and put the gasket on it. I installed then BOV then next day. I found that doing it this way makes things easier. Since you dont have to worry about lining up the gasket to the plate. Took me a total of 45 mins to install with some breaks. The third bolt was a biatch. But nothing to hard. I also didnt remove of bend to oil line.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.