Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys. I have been reading this board for weeks as I wait for my Black SRT4. I currently own your basic 132hp 2000 Neon. As soon as I heard about the SRT4 I knew I wanted it. I've never raced, never modded anything, but I want this car. Having never raced I would like an experienced racer to describe the best way to launch this car. Any experts out there who can help a complete newbie? 8)

·
Registered
295 Posts
no experience necessary

dude, theres only one way to lauch this car, but YOU will learn how by driving it, pretty simple actually

1. you dont want TOO much wheelspin , even though for a great launch you will have some, just play with it, let out the clutch slow and figure it out on your own........ its more than half the fun to learn it yourelf

2. never just drop the clutch let it out fast but no dumping thats rookie driver skills you do not want to duplicate

·
Registered
13,378 Posts
my name is ayat108, and i've never launched my whip.
#[email protected]^$%^ <<== the tangled mass of hair that is... puxxy.

i get so dang 'noid about it. i'm in fl and i'm not used to the state yet. give me georgia or new jerz again any day of the week. this state is forqing w my mental.

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
ayat108 said:
my name is ayat108, and i've never launched my whip.
#[email protected]^$%^ <<== the tangled mass of hair that is... puxxy.

i get so dang 'noid about it. i'm in fl and i'm not used to the state yet. give me georgia or new jerz again any day of the week. this state is forqing w my mental.
:?:

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SRTdriven, thanks. I'll probably go through a clutch just learning how to launch the car. I will say I have gotten pretty good at it with my 2000 Neon, but I doubt that will help me with this car.

ayat-get some help man, serious professional help. shock

·
Registered
13,378 Posts
<quote>ayat-get some help man, serious professional help.</quote>

i cant count the # of times i've been told that.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
CJ, here is a good page to look at for information on FWD launches, it isnt exactly for a SRT-4 but its pretty much for it's big brother the 1G FWD eclipses, talons, and lasers. Hope it helps.

http://www.dsm.org/menu.epl?item=152

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the link, I will check it out. ayat, your a riot man! i just hope you don't drive like that.

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
like the 2000 neon and all 2nd gens stock 1800-2000rpm is all you need to get out of the hole while modulating the clutrch to ensure no wheel spin.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts