Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched but didn't find a how to on the motor mount inserts? anyone have pics of the job? My big question is do I have to jack up the engine to take off the mounts?? is there anything I should know before doing them?? I have the energy supension mm inserts this helps?
I also heard people haveing problems with the zip ties breaking and using bolts? what sive bolts did you use is it necessary or just a few people had the zip ties break? any help on this subject would be great!
thanks

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump bump please some one anyone??

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bump last time tonight I would really like to know want to install tomorrow.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bump damn isn't anyone going to help?

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
you definitly need to support the engine i prefer to use a cherry picker. the key thing is that you only want to support the engine you dont want to jack it way the hell up there or you will not get the bolt out. What engine mounts do you have???

·
Registered
71 Posts
Which mounts are you doing. I know for a fact you dont have to support the engine on the upper mount. All you have to do is take it out, insert the insert and bolt it back in. It took me about 5 mins. The lower I have been told is the same. They arent load bearing mounts but I'm doing that on ethis weekend. The tranny mount I have no Idea about though.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its the energy supension inserts! So I don't have to support for the top but I do for the bottom? or I have to for both?
Now I'm eveb more confused
later

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thank you that is a big help!
John

·
Registered
4,008 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
thanks

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
thanks for what?

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
BaByVpR said:
I never removed my MM's when installing the inserts I had, took me about 15 minutes. Only took one of the bolts out and that was it.
ditto.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Prothane Motor Mount Inserts!![/QUOTE]

did u support the engine when u did yours??

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
slim26 said:
Prothane Motor Mount Inserts!!

did u support the engine when u did yours??[/QUOTE]

You have to support it a bit so it wont go down when you take the motor mounts out, others say that they installed the inserts without removing the mounts, on my car they did not want to go in without taking them off completely , they where too hard.

·
Registered
309 Posts
sideck said:
cycotom said:
BaByVpR said:
I never removed my MM's when installing the inserts I had, took me about 15 minutes. Only took one of the bolts out and that was it.
What kind of inserts do you have?

Prothane Motor Mount Inserts!!
cool thanks. I have my inserts waiting to be installed as soon as I have time!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.