Dodge SRT Forum banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member (Lifetime), 2011 Calendar Car
12,252 Posts
You are very limited in what projectors you can use with still using the stock reflector to bolt to. Mainly very small single xenon (low beam only) HID projectors. This would be like a Valeo D2S/H7 or a Bosch E46. You would then mount them to the rear of the reflector like you can kind of see in this pic I did of manoaboys' E46 stock-style retro using a 3" E46 bezel for a stock appearance....

This is what it looks like when finished....

i like that, i like that alot. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
336 Posts
+2
I would like to know it.

If you don't use the OEM adjuster, you would have to align perfectly the projector before tightening the bolts ?

plus

bump for anwser.
And a little question ...
What do you use to "hold" the oval trash shroud around the projector.
Glue ? screws ? ...

Thanks
JF
I PM'd Hak similar questions. Mounting to the stock locations is still a mystery though...

haknslash said:
NJKiko said:
Hak,

What's up man. I'm attempting my first retrofit. :stab: I got a wiring harness from FYX, a HID kit with 4300K D2S bulbs and ballasts, TL Projectors, 2005 BMW E46 ZKW Projectors (doing the lens swap), and DEPO headlamps.

I already have the DEPO headlamps disassembled and have been thinking of ways to mount the projectors. I noticed in the how-to that you no longer use bolts and what not. I'm assuming you some how mount the projectors to the stock reflector locations with some sort of fabricated bracket? Same thing with the stock adjustment location so you can vertically adjust the projector after the headlamp is sealed?

Another thing...with the shroud fabricated from a Wal-Mart trash can...does it just rest on the projector via a snug fit around the bezel? Or do you bond it to it somehow via JB Weld or the like?

Thanks for the help man!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks,
Jason
The TL is mounted up using the stock reflector mounts. Same goes for the stock adjuster ;)

As fas as the shroud, if you notice on the TL you will sdee the lens holder ring (shiney metal piece holding in the lens) has a lip to it from the projector front body. Make sure you trim the plastic housing just smaller in diameter so that you have to force it over the lens holder.Once it gets past the lip, it should snap very snugly in place.

Look closely at these pics....

·
Registered
688 Posts
he said = The TL is mounted up using the stock reflector mounts. Same goes for the stock adjuster

No choice of having custom bracket to reach the stock reflector mounts, cause when you sit the projector there, the holes from the projector aren't aligned with those from the stock reflector mounts, not sure about that at 100%, but from the how-to's pictures, you can see that.

About the trash can, i'll take another look to our wal-mart, but last time, i didn't saw these kind of trash can.
So i'm trying to find a good person that will be interested in buying them for me and shipping them to me lol

·
Registered
688 Posts
also ...
viperjr is having problem with his retrofit ... cause he's in Canada, and here, we have the famous DRL shit on our headlight.
see here for more details about his problem = Click here for more details

start the car
fogs ON
headlight = OFF

turn switch one time
fogs = on
headlight = off
turn signal = on

turn one last time the switch
fogs = off
headlight = on
turn signal = on

This is how our headlight works.
So, if i decide to make my own retrofit, by the way, i do it, i'll go with Bi-Xenon TL, will i have the same problem as viperjr has ?
If yes, is there a way to solve this ?

thanks
JF

·
Registered
688 Posts
"ultimate foglight mod," by silvadragon. look it up in the howto forum. still one of the best "free" mods there is..... workd like a charm for me for the past 3 years:hi:

it won't solve my "main" problem.

main problem = headlights get on when you start the car.
i don't want that. If i need light, i want to get it from turning the toggle switch.

little problem = i would like to have fogs.

·
Registered
688 Posts
sorry, dont know bout the heads but that will make your fogs go on and off at your command

Thanks for the "how-to" !
:thumbsup:

Lightning guru, haknslash ...
Anyone have an idea how to solve this problem ?
Here is the problem

Since i'm canadian, i will probably have this problem ...
Any help will be very appreciated !
:hi:

·
Registered
99 Posts
umm..i know this is old and all...but i have a quick question...i was reading the how to pdf file and there is some thing i dont understand.....on page 19 there is a picture showing how the relay is run....the wire connected to the 85 number pin goes to the low beam wire for the stock harness....well my question is which harness or which purple wire do we use....the left or right....or both bcuz it is on each harness??? plz help im stuck here..

·
SRT of the Month
4,327 Posts
I used the stock reflector and adjusters with mine. Retro's are no easy project and Ill have to say no trade for a newcomer. They surely take a lot of time and patience to get them too look at least half way decent.....

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
I've been to 3 Walmarts & I can not for the life of me find these oval wastebaskets being used for shrouds???

I looked in Kitchen, bath, & office, I even looked in the baby sections..... NOTHING :mopar: Idea's?

·
Registered
5,093 Posts
Dang it! It's going to be hard finding that sort of thing here in the U.K. But Phillips8201, if you find something similar and it works. Please let me know. Per our conversation over the phone, I might try and do this myself.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Dang it! It's going to be hard finding that sort of thing here in the U.K. But Phillips8201, if you find something similar and it works. Please let me know. Per our conversation over the phone, I might try and do this myself.
I will let you know for sure. I will also get you that PDF file. Don't worry I'll let you know everything I figure out.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts