Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I’ve did badly in my attempt(s) to install a pickup for my water Injection system in my windshield washer tank. I tried to drill a hole in the tank much like the pump for the IC sprayer in stage II toys. But no matter how I try it leaks (actually drips a just little).

First attempt was to use a plastic water pipe fitting with a barbed end which the supply hose would connect to, and epoxy it to the tank after drilling a hole just big enough for the fitting to insert into. Well the epoxy didn’t hold the fitting to the tank without it at least dripping.

Second attempt was to ream the hole out to be a little bigger than use a grommet in the hole than insert the fitting. Nope that leaks too.

Ok so now I’ve got a washer tank that’s useless or at least not functioning till I figure out what to do.

Need ideas/suggestions:

I’m keeping the factory airbox for at least the time being, so under the hood is kind of out of the question. The trunk has the problem of where to put a tank, and how to fill a trunk mounted tank easily without making a mess. Also want to keep a clean look as much as possible = No ghetto looking mods.

I found this website.
http://urethanesupply.com

The washer tank unless I’m mistaken is made out of Polyethylene.

Problem with this is that tools and materials they suggest at this site are more expensive than what I looking for. I mean for a one time repair it’s a little much to invest.

I went to a hardware store hoping to find a product (epoxy, cement, glue, etc…) nothing specifically mentioned that it worked with Polyethylene.

Open to suggestions??

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Buying a replacement tank is a def since I need the washers. Problem is still a way to supply the WI. I did not actually confirm yet but I saw a post that the tank new is like $75.00. I started a WTB thread but got no response. Heading to fav junk yard sat but wanted some more suggestions. Has anyone confirmed that 2nd gen neon tanks physically the same and will replace or are they diff because of fog lights bumper change unique is to SRT?

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
acrbill said:
get some good epoxy man. I fixed the radiator overflow on my Old buick and i never leaked. It stood up to -20* winters and the hot coolant.
Which brand? The brand I used was supposed to be for plastic and didnt work. The website I linked sugests the tank is made of Polypropylene. What brand that you know of def works with this plastic?

Correction should be Polyethylene not Polypropylene

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.