Dodge SRT Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,982 Posts
thispainisourz said:
get a stomache ulcer like me, lost 15 pounds in 2 months .. though the pain kinda kills the gains :)

Pain is weekness leaveing the body. - i leanrt that one from the marines, hooorah!.

·
Registered
470 Posts
A good diet like kenskiv said, and lifting. Don't overdue it, but the more muscle you build the more calories you burn. In fact your muscles burn calories for around 3 hours after a decent workout. So the more muscle you build the easier it will be to lose weight.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
If you don't want to deal with buying food and cooking it, you can get it precooked so all you have to do is warm it up: http://www.nutrisystem.com/

I'm about to hit the south beach diet next week. I only want to lose about 10 pounds, so I'm just going to eat healthy for a while and jog when I get a chance.

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
dont eat after 7p.m. (unless it is a no carb, protein shake)

cardio in the morning (do not eat prior to cardio) for 30-60 minutes. then, do not eat for 90-120 minutes.. (it will hurt, but you'll looooooose a shitload)

do everything else that people are saying

cheers

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
- Eat smaller portions.
- Eat more often (6-8 small meals a day). You can eat before going to bed but make it low calorie. if you stop eating at 7 and go to bed at 12, wake up at 7, that's 12 hours your body has gone without food and it will not respond positively to such a situation.
- Exercise when it fits into your schedule. There are advantages to both morning and evening workouts, but as long as you are exercising sometime every day the results won't be much different. A lot of people have trouble motivating themselves in the morning and a lot of people will not be able to go to bed if they have just exercised. So following someone else prescribed regimen is not always the best route.
- If you want to lose mass then stop playing with weights and do cardio. Cardio cardio and more cardio is the best way to burn calories both during exercise and after. Weight training is good for you and all, and you will slim down as you gain muscle mass, and you will burn more maintenance calories the rest of the time; however if not seeing the numbers on the scale is going to dishearten you, I suggest you focus on cardio- 1 hour per day at 70% of your maximum heart rate if you can do it.
- Stop eating anything with refined sugar added. This will eliminate almost all bad sweets and leave everything else that is still delicious and healthy (fruits mainly)
- Limit how much you eat out, and if you do, use your brain when ordering. Condiments, fries and potato chips are not very filling and often contain lots of extra fat and calories that you will not miss once you realize how much better you feel not consuming them.
- Increase your fiber intake. Your body can't digest it, but must use energy to expel it. It will also fill you up. There are several food products on the market that are fiber enriched (like whole grain breads and now quaker has oatmeal) or you can get psyllium powder drinks (metamucil, citrucel). You can also get the psyllium husk powder raw and add it to food or drink.
- Limit consuming the food you like to once a week or so and eat less of it. You will enjoy it much more, but also realize that it ends up making you feel useless afterwards anyway.

Thats all I can think of in general. Good luck.

-A

·
Registered
2 Posts
I suggest you to start with your diet. Mind all the foods that you take and watch out for sugars and carbs. You don't want those stuff to get into your body, especially if your goal is to lose weight. Along with a healthy diet, do some regular exercises. Try to workout when you have the time but don't overwork yourself too much.With enough effort and time, you should see the results immediately. In addition, you can also consider HGH if you're familiar with it. If you don't know what HGH is, this might help What is Human Growth Hormone and its' Functions

21 - 31 of 31 Posts