Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok well i just got this bench set and dum bells and other things, i also have a treadmill. THis monday im going on a diet and im going to have to loose like 60 Lbs in 3 1/2 months, hopefully more!! but 60 is my goal. right now i my weight is 300 lbs and im 6'2 and the fat has gotten out of hand. so wht do i need to do to burn the most fat. any pills? ill be joging a mile eveyday and then ill move up lil by little. Wht kind of food should i say away from and should eat the most? i wont really be working on getting really that much stonger just getting some more muscle and toned out. and loosing fat. ill plan to get more muscel as soon as i loose this fat!! so wht do yha think i should do. wht kinda pills should i take, like stacker 2 or something, i dont even know if the still make that. im goona eat mostly green things and non fatening foods and snacks. ill try to stay on the healty side. so any suggestions or anything. please help me cuz i dont want this to get any worst than it already is. well thnks in advaanced for all or your help. :hi:

·
Registered
6,982 Posts
when i want to lose weight now, i eat the lean quisines (sp = no clue), just because i find it easier to stay on a diet if someone else is planing the food.. drop soda out of your diet, sure the diet stuff has 0 caleries, but it's still loaded with carbs.

i lost weight fast one time by going to a strict protien diet - 5 meals a day, 0 carbs mon-fri...then carb load on sat sunday, dropped weight fast (30 lbs total in 5 weeks, kept it off 4 years). but that screwed up my digestive system for years, and i get violently ill when i try now. --- also loseing weight like this plays mind tricks on you, durring the week when all your eating is protien you lose like 20-25 lbs, but when you carbo load on the weekend you gain about 15-20 back. end the diet after a weekend. - there are many protien diet plans that arn't as severe, google probly has a billion of em - but the microwave dinner diets have very good results in testings.

don't eat too little food. if you don't eat enough your body thinks it's in a food drought and stores fat faster. there are calerie calculators all over the net that will help you figure out how many calleries you want to be takeing in a day. - believe it or not, eating healthy you actually eat more food, because all the healthy stuff has so little caleries.

most people who are over weight have alot of added stress on the heart, you don't want to be throwing over the counter pills into your system right away - all over the counter stuff is just stimulants...... at least get your heart going good for a while with exercise b4 tossing that stuff in you.-- but, from recreational experience, hydroxi-cut is a pretty good, reasonibly safe stim - with the ban on ephedra overturned there is going to be stronger stuff, but i generaly sugest staying with the hydroxi cut, or maybe cafine pills until you've built that heart up quite a bit. - also remember, any stimulant is addictive, from chocolette to coke..overeating is generaly labeled an addiction, so make sure you don't trade one addiction for another.

there are several perscription drugs that are not stimulants, some relying on blocking hunger pains, while others block the absorbtion of excess carbs.. in general, i'd sugest going to your doctor and haveing him supervise you on a diet/exercise plan and take his recomendations for any pills based on your current health.

remember, the faster you try to drop weight; the harder and more damageing it's going to be on your body. also speed leaves you less practiced for responsible eating afterwords (hence why i'm once again working on loseing weight) - but it does feal good to say good bye to that much fat that fast.

also keep in mind that many dehidrated people (generaly happens by drinking lots of soda, bear, sports drinks, etc in place of water), mix up thirst for hunger... try drinking water everytime you've got the urge for a snack.

good luck.

·
Registered
344 Posts
The safest and best way to lose weight is a sensible diet and exercise. Starving yourself will NOT help you lose wt. It will cause your metabolism to shut down. Eat lots of veggies, small portions of chicken/turkey and red meat. Avoid fat. Stay away from salt as that helps retain water. Drink lots of Propel. (minerals, electrolyte and vitamins).Exercise more everyday. Remember, muscle tissue weighs more than fat so if you gain a small amount of weight at first it is normal. The treadmill is an excellent source of exercise. Sit ups, push ups and crunches will help tone your muscles. If you smoke, try to stop or at least cut down. You can use isometrics at work to help with your exercises. Isometrics are using your own body to exercise with. Example: press palms together with hands opposed and press together as hard as you can. Push ups in your chair by using your arms to lift your body with legs extended by pressing down on the arms of the chair. Squats, and knee bends also help muscle tone in arms and legs. You watch your diet, eat smaller portions and exercise on a constant basis and you WILL lose weight quickly and safely. There is NO substitute for exercise. Good luck. Push yourself to the limit everytime you exercise and push away from the table. You can do it if you commit to it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
running and jump rope. Eat 0 fat foods. Don't worry bout carbs or protien, but limit fat to <10grams a day. If you have access to a sauna, use it. And drink a shitton of water. Always have water. Drink it till you piss, then drink more. The colder the water, the better, as it'll burn (slightly) more calories as your body raises the temp of the water and pushes the water thru your system. When you eat, eat small meals many times a day.

As far as pills, most will help. They just up the metabo.. Try Xenedrine, it worked for me. But don't expect a magic pill that just makes you thinner. The exercise and diet will help way more than any pill.

That or start snorting coke. You'll lose all kinds of weight, but the costs are huge..

·
Registered
344 Posts
warman said:
I've been wanting to lose weight too, but i just can't seem to get motivated.
For motivation think about this. Being overweight can cause high blood pressure, strokes and heart attacks. It can kill you. Just make a choice between being slim and fit or death and possible long term health problems.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Start small. Watch your diet, and keep plugging at it. Remember, it took time to gain weight and it takes time to take it off. You can do this. It only takes determination and work.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
kool thanks guys for all of your help, ill start eating smaller portions and runing and exercising more. thanks alot.

·
Registered
8,239 Posts
Crack.

Waze out. You have lots of options here, and everyone says something different. Diet soda is not loaded with carbs, it has 0. But caffeine is bad when trying to lose weight. Learn the difference between good and bad fat. Don't mix carbs and fats/proteins. When you eat carbs, make sure it's whole wheat or whole grain and never white bread. Stay away from any sugar if possible. Smaller meals more often.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
First off, go easy on the mill. You are a big guy and you probably did not train for a while. Walking at a good pace will be good for the first month. Stay away from diet pills or appetite supressors as they affect central nervous system (specially if you are prone to depression). My best advice is consult a dietetician. She will give you something balanced and appropriate to your weight. Remember, you have to change your eating habits permanently.....

·
Registered
470 Posts
kortERHorse_281 said:
have sex standing up...carry your mate by the ass cheeks and go to town...and i strongly recommend it if she weighs 150+...

that should do the trick...

carlos nice
Honestly, if you are taking somehting like hydroxycut, and have sex often(unless you are a two pump chump) you will lose weight quickly.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
I can tell you my trick. I lost close to 25 pounds in a little more than a month and 4 inchs off my waiste.

The key is eating right. You can work out but you have to remember muscle weight is heavier than fat. So if you trade 5 pounds of fat for muscle, your going to feel like you haven't done a thing.

What I did to loose weight:

No more sodas...(empty calories/carbs, and sugar that will turn into fat)

No candy or desserts...(once you get down to a healthy limit you can introduce these, moderately).

Eat less but more often. (Trade three hearty meals to 5 smaller lean meals).

Snack every 2 hours. (apart from actual meals eat vegetables and fruits when you feel like snacking).

Drink Lots of water, morning, noon and night. (water is needed in your system for proper fat burning and muscle building).

Keys to exercise:

If you are looking to burn fat you will want to do as many repetitions as you can. That means less weight. You may be able to bench 500 pounds three times, but all thats going to do is give you mass instead of deffining your muscles.

A tip given on MSN showed that working out to the point of straining yourself works against you. Lift items and once you feel that you cannot lift the item at the same speed as you started your workout is done move on to the next set. This will allow you to define your muscles without building bulk.

Cardio ( running, cycling, stairclimber) should be done at the end of your set. You will already be tired and will give yourself a much harder work out. Instead of working at a slow steady pace for 30 minutes try a faster paced 15 minute workout. You will find you will burn more calories than in the traditional way.

Anyways good luck with your workout. Personally I think 60 pounds is pretty rough but you might be able to pull it off. You have to make a plan and stick to it. Even one day of slacking can set you behind.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts