41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member (Lifetime), 2011 Calendar Car
12,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #42

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
They give back the $100 when you take it back. I have to re-rent it to install the other side now :)

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
I bought that press at Habor Freight for about $35 or so I think it was last year. I also have a 12ton press in my shop that I used to press in new hub and bearing and a actually bearing press tool set.

Pic of Ball joint tool (sorry pics are not too good, I was on about beer #7 at that point)

Hub/bearing tool set.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I bought that press at Habor Freight for about $35 or so I think it was last year. I also have a 12ton press in my shop that I used to press in new hub and bearing and a actually bearing press tool set.

Pic of Ball joint tool (sorry pics are not too good, I was on about beer #7 at that point.
:clap::thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,275 Posts
I just replaced both my ball joints with moog ones, but they are somewhat different then each other even though they have the same part numbers. I haven't had a chance to put them back into the car but I'll update this thread if they work or not. Here are pics of them,

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
I ran into the same issue. Same store, same part #, different design.. Not a big deal. I might need to swap one out today also. Got a knock sound from the front end.. fuuuu

·
Registered
134 Posts
Mevotech ball joint = FAIL. I had replaced my passenger side ball joint with a Mevotech, 5k miles later the boot is ripped to shit.

·
Registered
6,275 Posts
I just replaced both my ball joints with moog ones, but they are somewhat different then each other even though they have the same part numbers. I haven't had a chance to put them back into the car but I'll update this thread if they work or not. Here are pics of them,

I've been driving these for a few days and no problems till now.

·
Registered
6,275 Posts
those look very different. i would have returned the one w/o the hex head to the store/site you got it from
I belive the hex is only to adjust the ball joint after its in the hub. I slid a wrench to it and turned it till I could push the bolt through it, after I put it in the hub. The fitment/measurement's were the same.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts