Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
You should change your oil every 3 thousand depending on how hard you are on the car. The life and blood of a car is routine maintence i change my oil every 2500 or ever3000 depending on how hard I have been driving it. Trust me I had a 88 honda civic 4dr as a daily driver and i have about 45 miles to work everyday. I ragged the living crap out of that car and it had 300,000 miles on it i just made sure to change the oil, and flush the coolant twice a year. You may not agree but i have see excellent results from it. Also when you drain your oil if you have a blower for an air compressor as long as it has a water reciver on it you can wrap the end of your air hose with a rag and hold it in the oil fill location and watch all the old oil and stuff you get out you would be amazed.

·
Registered
734 Posts
My old (96) Dodge pickup, I used to go 5-7000 miles before changing oil, They were all highway miles. I remember when it used to be every 5000 miles for an oil change, Then they went to 3000 miles? I have always thought it was a marketing ploy for the Damn Oil Industry!

·
"Made" Member
75,380 Posts
Yeah, I have a tough time with these tests.

It's hard to beat a pickup with 250,000 miles on the odo with oile changed every
3,000. How can you argue with that logic?

I will be curious to see what the Amsoil does this month.

~castrol

·
Registered
839 Posts
Considering I cruise more than I drive hard (yah I have acceleration moments but thats hardly worth calling it HARD driving...hell I've never evne taken her to the track!) I change mine every 4000. When I do the oil is still clean as a freakin whistle too.

And if you do wanna just change the filter its very easy and you wont lose alot of oil at all. You might have to top it off a little bit but its a very small amount.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.