Dodge SRT Forum banner

How Much have you Spent On Upgrades for your SRT-4?

• $0-$500

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • $500-$1000

Votes: 12 5.8%
  • $1000-$1500

Votes: 12 5.8%
  • $1500-$2000

Votes: 16 7.7%
  • $2000-$2500

Votes: 9 4.3%
  • $2500+

Votes: 84 40.4%
  • Over $5000

Votes: 68 32.7%
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
im in it for something between $500 n $1000. i havent done alot. i was 17 when we bought so it was in my moms name and she wouldnt let me do anything. except S1 an BOV conversion. its been in my name for 2 years now. im waiting for the extended to run out and until i get the tranny fixed again. that plus income tax and maybe ill buy something else.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
I've spent around $3k so far. If they do make another 4cyl performance car i hope they make it somewhat compatable with ours.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
I lost track but it's around 5k +/-
Little skittle treated me right and still does :)

btw, still look like stock :(

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Me too. When you consider the cost of S3 (Tial wheel) is deep into the 3's itself, then exhaust, FMIC, coilovers, wheels, etc....

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Im gettin close to 10K as well... not even paint, or visual mods under the hood yet. Workin on hittin my 400WHP goal thats goin to set me back at least another $1200. I plan on doin the Retro headlights.. we all know how much that cost. and the list keeps on growing. Its like an illness... i think im sick.

·
Registered
195 Posts
just got some of the receipts out and i picked the wrong one..just figured out i have about 5750 in it so far..and i am still not done..tell your friend at fiat..oops i mean Chrysler that yes we are loyal..all that mopar or nocar shit still hangs with us..they gave us something that we love. yes its a neon, but look at all the late 60's stuff..small (for then) cars that had massive HP stuffed into it. tell me you wouldn't love a dart with a 440 in it..well thats what we have today in the SRT.. (ok maybe not quite 440 territory but 21K for a performance vehicle is a steal!)

let this guy know we still want to be able to buy mopar performance parts. please!

(and ask if the fiat will have the abarth upgrades available too please..cause i am gonna buy one of them and travel to Europe if i have to to buy them parts!! :p )

·
SRTForums Member, 2011 Calendar Car
2,141 Posts
well over 5k...we need higher options my receipts look like this: 3k for complete turbo kit, 1k for BC coilovers, $900 for kaminari hood, 1k for wheels and tires...yea i am close to 10k i belive when I factor in all the rest of the upgrades... LOL gotta love the srt4:)

·
Registered
137 Posts
You're probably the smart one... we are all hopelessly upside-down in our cars! :rofl:
Yea i burn through tires so i end up spending about $500-700 a year on tires so thats my upgrades right there. I cannot get tires to last more than a year.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've spent more than I care to figure out. Over $3500 on three sets of wheels and rims alone, although one of those replacements was covered by insurance.

Carbon fiber hood, turbo parts, radar detectors, scan gauges, hundreds in lighting mods, new downpipe, all sorts of other stuff . . . any time anything starts to rattle or even look a little funny to me, I replace it with the best part I can get.

That's how I justify my expenditures, they're all repairs :\/ (or at least most of them). I got the CF hood and a couple other better replacement parts when someone backed into my parked car and left (among other fender benders), getting cheaper than OEM and leaving it unpainted saved me almost all of my deductible.

I think everyone here hemorrhages money very slowly on their SRT, slow enough that it just becomes part of their monthly budget. I used to go shooting a lot, but with ammo prices lately I've just been dumping ammo money into my car instead.

Edit: if your friend at Chrysler wants to know how to sell to us, tell him to offer performance parts that are competitive with aftermarket manufacturers in both performance and price. Everyone today, especially SRT owners it seems, knows how to shop around on the internet and get the absolute cheapest price on a part. We're willing to pay a little more for mopar quality, but not to the point where it becomes extortion.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hey Chrysler, if you want to make a small fortune in short order, start production on stage 2 and 3 kits again.

I know at least 10 other people who have been trying to find one for ages, myself included. I'm sure the number is way up there, because they sold out FAST once production stopped. People who are selling them used do so in under a week or two, easy.

One thing I do like is that a lot of parts that work on the PT turbo and Caliber SRT-4 work on my car, so that does leave me with a few more options despite all three cars being canceled.

Also, I bet almost no one here wants to buy an econo-crunchbox like this: Details on Chryslers next small car - the 500C. Modern Performance’s Blog

We love performance, not MPGs. There is an ENORMOUS tuner sub-culture in the US. I wish they'd make Dodge the dedicated performance brand for Chrysler. I want to buy American made performance, but I've about had it with US car manufacturers like Ford and GM that make replacing an air filter something you have to take it to a dealer for unless you want to spend 3 hours removing parts to get to it. Ford's retarded power to weight ratios ruled them out. GM's performance cars are retardedly expensive and difficult to work on. That's one of the reasons I got my SRT, I can do most of the work myself and everything is easily accessible. It's like owning an old muscle car where any part could be reached with less than an hour of work. Chrysler still makes a small fortune in replacement parts that I buy.

·
Premium Member (Lifetime), SRT of the Month, 2011
8,916 Posts
Yea i burn through tires so i end up spending about $500-700 a year on tires so thats my upgrades right there. I cannot get tires to last more than a year.
I usually get about 2 weekends out of a set of tires.... :wah?!:

I go through about 8-10 sets per year and have over 50 tires in my garage right now (16 stored elsewhere and 12 more on the way).

I could be wrong, but I think that classifies as an addiction! :rofl:

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I seriously thought I was the only person who did this....I need a bigger binder to organize mine:

About 8 years ago I actually had someone accuse me of stealing their wheels. Those wheels were on my car for over a year. The police came and questioned me at work (the very place I ordered and paid for my wheels). They wanted proof of my purchase so I pulled up my file and showed them the invoice. That was the end of the situation. Since then I've kept all paper invoices just in case some moron tries to pull some stupid sh*t like that again.
I even keep a binder for the installation intructions.

61 - 80 of 95 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.