Dodge SRT Forum banner
141 - 160 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
Cool. These cars are going up in value at least temporarily.
Used car prices are up across the board.
But only because the car makers can't get the chips for the new ones.
So some dealers are paying well over KBB.

Personally, I don't want a tech laden cream puff.
I prefer the simlicity and rorty edgey-ness of my SRT-4.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
I made the mistake not once, but twice.

Never again will I sell my SRT-4s, nor will I be without at least 1 in running order.

My red press car will start going through more regular driving once I button up the interior (new door cards to replace the ones that were drilled/sliced by a previous owner for stereo mods). Technically though, as of right now, both are plated and insured. So, I'm doing my part.

·
Registered
5,862 Posts
still see them getting wrecked and parted out from posts on facebook. the number of srt-4s will continue to dwindle down.

·
Super Moderator
16,791 Posts
I'm still so tempted to find one with a blown motor, maybe bad interior, but really good body and transmission, and buy it if under 2k. The rest you can replace or deal with, but a rusted/wrecked body or screwed up transmission will be difficult to overcome. Would give me something for parts at the very least, or maybe, if I'm really nuts, build up a high hp SRT-4, considering I'll never go beyond a mild 325ish hp stage 3 on my CE.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
I'm still so tempted to find one with a blown motor, maybe bad interior, but really good body and transmission, and buy it if under 2k. The rest you can replace or deal with, but a rusted/wrecked body or screwed up transmission will be difficult to overcome. Would give me something for parts at the very least, or maybe, if I'm really nuts, build up a high hp SRT-4, considering I'll never go beyond a mild 325ish hp stage 3 on my CE.
I had a "parts" car. It came in very handy. In hindsight, I should have kept it, but at the time had nowhere to store it.

But yeah, I'm on the hunt for another one.

·
Registered
5,862 Posts
tempted to pick up one of the last mopar srt-4 front fascias from MPX. high priced. but looks like they just have a couple left. i am sure the value will go up like crazy on the mopar front fascias. lots are damaged beyond repair or crosshairs cut out. i know there are aftermarket ones like duraflex, but i hear they really suck.

·
Registered
Original Owner '05 SRT-4 S2 Toys
284 Posts
tempted to pick up one of the last mopar srt-4 front fascias from MPX. high priced. but looks like they just have a couple left. i am sure the value will go up like crazy on the mopar front fascias. lots are damaged beyond repair or crosshairs cut out. i know there are aftermarket ones like duraflex, but i hear they really suck.
I bought one from Modern two years ago. The price has gone up over $200 since then.

·
Registered
Original Owner '05 SRT-4 S2 Toys
284 Posts
Yep I remember you getting the new one. Honestly even at the current price they're asking might be an investment...
Yeah, and the sad thing is that, after I had the body shop paint and mount the new one, I hit a storage rack in my garage when I got the SRT back home and scuffed up the new bumper. So stupid.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
I have the worst/best luck power combos.

Met Dan Akroyd, got t-boned by a cement truck later that day.
Picked up a parts car with collapsed suspension and a blown shift selector and fought for hours to get it on a flatbed and nearly gave up... to find it came with a set of ACR struts.
Finally sorted out the SRT-4 and got it near perfect... deer ran in front of me.
Needed a front bumper and the one on my parts car was cracked... someone posted on CL an unpainted OEM one 5 minutes from my house 2 hours before I went looking.

Imagine thinking "yeah, I should grab one of those Modern front bumpers", followed by "I wonder how much that is in Canadian".
My wallet winces at the thought of it.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I have the worst/best luck power combos.

Met Dan Akroyd, got t-boned by a cement truck later that day.
Picked up a parts car with collapsed suspension and a blown shift selector and fought for hours to get it on a flatbed and nearly gave up... to find it came with a set of ACR struts.
Finally sorted out the SRT-4 and got it near perfect... deer ran in front of me.
Needed a front bumper and the one on my parts car was cracked... someone posted on CL an unpainted OEM one 5 minutes from my house 2 hours before I went looking.

Imagine thinking "yeah, I should grab one of those Modern front bumpers", followed by "I wonder how much that is in Canadian".
My wallet winces at the thought of it.
Are you close enough to the border to drive across?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

141 - 160 of 176 Posts