Dodge SRT Forum banner
101 - 120 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
7,828 Posts
The last time I took it to the dealership was several years ago to get the skim number (so I could use a non-staged ECU for passing IL emissions). I did feel a little like a celebrity around the technicians eyeballing it. 😄

·
Super Moderator
16,855 Posts
I wonder if that Wisconsin dealership is still trying to sell that low miles commemorative edition srt4 for 25k?

I still think it would be funny to go in front of the dealership owner's house in my commemorative at midnight and do burnouts, if for no other reason than to have him freak out and call the police thinking someone stole his precious overpriced car right out of the showroom LOL

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have a 450hp one that is pretty reliable and is super fun, they’re so cheap now that I couldn’t understand why someone wouldn’t want one. In regards to the age group of owners for these cars, im 17 and daily it to high school. Everyone always wants me to two step in the lot lol. Srt’s are such a good car and it makes me wonder why people go with civics over these.
Congrats on being young and knowing how to drive a cool stick car! What is a “two step”?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Used to be a young owner. Now I'm an old(er) owner.

I now have a Focus RS, 04' WRX and a couple of S13s to play with but I'm not selling the old girl. Still as clean as when I bought it.
I have a 2021 Challenger R/t Scat Pack Widebody as well as a 1969.5 Bee and a Superbird but the two SRT 4's that I have a still at lot of fun to drive and in fact I was enjoying some "spirited" driving yesterday and a young lady commented on it and said that I wasn't old. She's 28 and I am 74.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
I have a 2021 Challenger R/t Scat Pack Widebody as well as a 1969.5 Bee and a Superbird but the two SRT 4's that I have a still at lot of fun to drive and in fact I was enjoying some "spirited" driving yesterday and a young lady commented on it and said that I wasn't old. She's 28 and I am 74.
She might be too old though? ;)

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
Rumor has it that a commemorative edition was seen today pushing 140mph on a lonely stretch of highway near here.

Oddly enough that stretch of highway runs along the same route that I take to work every day.
I still have mine with 231,000 and it runs like a new one......Oil pressure switch on the engine is the biggest problem other that the 3rd gear syncho......I have had 5 clutches but the drag strip takes a toll on them......77 years old and still slamming the gears.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
I still have mine with 231,000 and it runs like a new one......Oil pressure switch on the engine is the biggest problem other that the 3rd gear syncho......I have had 5 clutches but the drag strip takes a toll on them......77 years old and still slamming the gears.
Nice. Yeah, that's why I don't track mine anymore. Southbend from Realtune still working fine...

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Ooops didn't mean to hijack this thready with a discussion over clutches.
In my case, I have a gimpy left foot and Stage 3 which together eat clutches especially on the strip.
But I do susppect performance clutch friction material may be softer material than stock.
So more likely to wear out sooner although they do grip better.
But it's just a passing thought....not intended to start an argument...

·
Registered
Original Owner '05 SRT-4 S2 Toys
291 Posts
No arguments- this has been very interesting reading. In case anyone is interested, I'm on my second OEM clutch, replaced only because I thought it would be a good idea while I was doing business with thepowertowin at Laukemper's seven years ago. Still under 89K on my SRT.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
It is getting harder to keep my now 19-year old SRT-4 on the road.
Mainly because all those little platic connectors are begining to crumble.
It's not too bad right now, nor has it ever been bad, but it's trending towards ass pain.

101 - 120 of 192 Posts