Dodge SRT Forum banner

21 - 40 of 82 Posts

Registered
WHOOOOOO!!!!! Road legal again! Just passed e-check! (y)馃榿 Thank heavens I saved the stock PCM.
Can't wait to get tuned and actually be able to drive again! Have had to take it easy and very very sparse since my FIC-8 failed.
My favorite thing - tailgaters. ;)
I've had the stock ECU in mine for a couple weeks now in preparation for the IL inspection. 馃槃

Registered
WHOOOOOO!!!!! Road legal again! Just passed e-check! (y)馃榿 Thank heavens I saved the stock PCM.
Can't wait to get tuned and actually be able to drive again! Have had to take it easy and very very sparse since my FIC-8 failed.
My favorite thing - tailgaters. ;)
Me too. And the original, pink 2003 injectors, MAP, TIP to go with it! Every two years.
And now the Prius needs a SMOG check...it never ends!

Registered
Me too. And the original, pink 2003 injectors, MAP, TIP to go with it! Every two years.
And now the Prius needs a SMOG check...it never ends!
I am so glad i dont live in one of those shitholes. When i left California for the last time it was like a weight being lifted. No more random pullovers for inspections and your tints too dark bullshpit

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Registered
I am so glad i dont live in one of those shitholes. When i left California for the last time it was like a weight being lifted. No more random pullovers for inspections and your tints too dark bullshpit

I don't consider the vast bio diversity of California to be a shit hole, not at all. .
And I would never lower myself to tell somebody else that about where they live.

Registered
It does have nice weather.

Otherwise it's a shithole.

I'm unbelievably glad that I don't have to live there anymore. Once you leave, and live outisde the mess that is California you realize the weather is not worth it.

Registered

Registered
Original owner bought it in 05 with like 4 miles on it. Im 34 and still drive it from time to time, more so just road race it and to be honest when people do see it the usual reaction is "that thing still works?" or "have not seen one of those in one piece in a while"

Registered
Original owner here, although the original car doesn't exist anymore.

I have 2 currently; a silver near-stock (BOV, Stage 1 springs) '04 that is my daily. I also have one of the Canadian press cars (red '04) that is bone stock and patiently awaiting a new clutch and some other minor work, although it is completely drivable.

I'd guess somewhere around 1/3 to less than 1/2 are still out there. They're at the point where if involved in anything beyond a simple fender-bender, they are totalled. So the number is just going to drop steadily. They're one of the cheapest "fast" cars you can buy, and although their "status" and reputation are slowly going up, they'll never be at "OMG Supra!" levels.

Just the other day we finished up a car meet, I parked close to the doors of a major shopping center (wife's disabled), and we went back to hang with the group. As we came back to go into the mall, there's a dude totally scoping out the '4. Keep in mind that mine is one of the cleanest examples you will find, anywhere. This guy is peering in the windows, walking around it slowly, and has that "huh, will you look at that" posture going on. My friend (who also has some SRT-4s) says "hey! checking out the Neon? It's his!" (points at me). We end up chatting with the fellow for a while; former owner. Misses it, was completely gobsmacked that people still drive them, let alone take care of them. We put the bug in his ear; "dude, the community is even smaller than it was 16 years ago, so if you wanna get back in, let us know, we'll help you find one that needs a good home".

Same reactions as many on here; "wow, I haven't seen one of those, let alone in that good of shape for ever!", "is that a REAL SRT-4?!", etc.

Like anything, if you take care of the car, it'll take care of you. :) #smilespergallon

Registered
Everyone keeps parting these out. Its sad. I don't like working on cars enough to take them apart and not make them faster. Its funny how everyone with slow stock cars are parting out as well to make a buck. I thought these cars would stick around like the foxbodies and have that loving reputation. Sadly it鈥檚 more like the Talon.

Registered
Discussion Starter #33
They will definitely get rarer as time goes on. I'm taking my srt4 to Daytona for a track day. Paranoid about blowing up the transmission. I figure if I shift nice and easy it will make it through the event. I'm one of the slower cars out there. Can't hang with z06 Corvette or Porsches. When i get a compliment they usually say they like the exhaust note.

Registered
Orig owner here... in my 40's... '04 blue, 86k miles, Stage1. Car still runs perfect. Has passed WA-state emissions every other year for the last decade. I try to tag 18psi (spike) a least once per drive. Garaged and only driven when weather is nice-ish. Still looks great... still makes me smile. I've only seen ~4-5 SRT-4s around the greater Spokane area. Definitely more rare each year. Cheers!

Registered
Discussion Starter #39
Orig owner here... in my 40's... '04 blue, 86k miles, Stage1. Car still runs perfect. Has passed WA-state emissions every other year for the last decade. I try to tag 18psi (spike) a least once per drive. Garaged and only driven when weather is nice-ish. Still looks great... still makes me smile. I've only seen ~4-5 SRT-4s around the greater Spokane area. Definitely more rare each year. Cheers!
I have stage 1 as well. The best I can do is 16psi. Do you have a tune?

Registered
I have stage 1 as well. The best I can do is 16psi. Do you have a tune?
No... just Stage 1 flash. 16psi sounds about right for sustained boost during a pull. My 18psi is a momentary spike after shifting (3rd to 4th) that I look forward to seeing on the gauge... letting me know all is well in my boost world! :)

21 - 40 of 82 Posts