Dodge SRT Forum banner
181 - 200 of 209 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Man, this car really does have the worst turning radius of anything I’ve ever driven, and I would have guessed it would have been awesome. I hadn’t thought about tire size as a driver, but great to know.
Tire size normally wouldn't affect turn radius so much, but likely did due to how the car was designed. The radius is reduced to prevent us from smashing the wheel into things as we turn. My old NA Neon turned much better even after I put larger tires on.

·
Super Moderator
17,418 Posts
Tire size normally wouldn't affect turn radius so much, but likely did due to how the car was designed. The radius is reduced to prevent us from smashing the wheel into things as we turn. My old NA Neon turned much better even after I put larger tires on.
The overall design of the suspension, wheels, lower submember cross k frame on the SRT4 all contributed to the turning radius being wide, the base neon doesn't nearly have the same issues. That being said, you can put the stock SRT4 rims on a base Neon but not the 50 tires, you have to go with 40s. And that will affect the turning radius heh heh, even with the 40s.

·
Registered
686 Posts
The overall design of the suspension, wheels, lower submember cross k frame on the SRT4 all contributed to the turning radius being wide, the base neon doesn't nearly have the same issues. That being said, you can put the stock SRT4 rims on a base Neon but not the 50 tires, you have to go with 40s. And that will affect the turning radius heh heh, even with the 40s.
Didn't someone improve turn radius using PT Cruiser hubs or something?

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
you can put the stock SRT4 rims on a base Neon but not the 50 tires, you have to go with 40s
Personally not a fan of the rubber-band look.

·
Registered
17 Posts
It's interesting to think I am interested in a car as old as me, meaning I wasn't really old enough to know these cars growing up or old enough to notice them. I didn't get into cars until I was around 13, so no one my age knows these cars until I show it to them. I really got interested in these when looking for my first car to be a sports car, but something cheaper. I saw these on a list and watched a video on them and fell in love, mainly because of the exhaust sound. Took me over a year to find one I liked and trusted.
I'm in the same boat as you. When I was looking for my first car my father told me about srt4's and after watching some YouTube videos about them I had to have one. When I tell people what car I have they never know what it is. Some people know what a Neon is, but finding someone who knows what an srt4 is, is super rare. I've only see 4 other srt4's in like 5 years and 2 of them were owned by a guy in rural Kansas. At this point I've seen more mk4 Supra's on the road than srt4s.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you. When I was looking for my first car my father told me about srt4's and after watching some YouTube videos about them I had to have one. When I tell people what car I have they never know what it is. Some people know what a Neon is, but finding someone who knows what an srt4 is, is super rare. I've only see 4 other srt4's in like 5 years and 2 of them were owned by a guy in rural Kansas. At this point I've seen more mk4 Supra's on the road than srt4s.
That's crazy. I've only seen like 2 on the road where I'm at over the span of like 2 years. And I had like 4 SRT-4 friends that sold theirs right before I got mine and 2 more that sold theirs while I had mine. I only have 1 SRT-4 friend left with a Caliber that he's trying to sell. It's funny seeing people's reaction to my car who have never seen one because they have a blast in it and think they're cool cars for what they are. Even better when they say they don't like Neons and then they get a ride in one and actually enjoy it. It's fun enlightening younger people my age about these cars considering they say they've never even heard of them before.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Mines still on the road and I don’t plan on selling it only moding It more

Reactions: Simon.Starkie
181 - 200 of 209 Posts