Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They sold about 23000. I used to see a bunch back in the day. Not so much anymore. For those srts still functioning, what is the age group of the current drivers? I'm on the older side. I figure young people are more concerned about the latest phone instead of keeping a 15 year old car on the road. Your thoughts.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I'm in my 40's, approaching 105k miles, bought it 4 years ago. It's my daily, so definitely not showroom status, but the maintenance stays current. I'll drive it until it dies, then be sad.

I'm not sure what I'd replace it with. There's nothing out there quite like it. Manual, cheap and easy to work on, great mileage, seats four, quick, fairly decent aftermarket support, doesn't attract attention.

I agree with the youngins theory. Many have never been exposed to el manuel powertrain technologies, so this car would fall off most radars. In addition, no infotainment, cruise, so no way to take selfies and Instagram/Snapchat posts while driving. Or is that considered stereotyping and dehumanizing these days?

·
Super Moderator
15,608 Posts
They sold about 23000. I used to see a bunch back in the day. Not so much anymore. For those srts still functioning, what is the age group of the current drivers? I'm on the older side. I figure young people are more concerned about the latest phone instead of keeping a 15 year old car on the road. Your thoughts.
Actually 25,303 SRT-4s were built. The "23000" quote "came from a company corporate suit who had no idea what they were talking about." This statement came from the SRT/PVO team.

·
Super Moderator
15,608 Posts
As far as the answer, I think we brought this up a couple of years ago. I'm too lazy (or simply don't know how currently with this new format haha) to look it up. I'd estimate around 4,000 or so, and of those, probably 1/4 are sitting in the garage in need of work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 450hp one that is pretty reliable and is super fun, they’re so cheap now that I couldn’t understand why someone wouldn’t want one. In regards to the age group of owners for these cars, im 17 and daily it to high school. Everyone always wants me to two step in the lot lol. Srt’s are such a good car and it makes me wonder why people go with civics over these.

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
As far as the answer, I think we brought this up a couple of years ago. I'm too lazy (or simply don't know how currently with this new format haha) to look it up. I'd estimate around 4,000 or so, and of those, probably 1/4 are sitting in the garage in need of work.
I agree. 4k seems low but that is probably right on with how many still on the road still running.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's not many left. We have to do out best to keep the remaining running srt4s out of the salvage yard.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I have a 450hp one that is pretty reliable and is super fun, they’re so cheap now that I couldn’t understand why someone wouldn’t want one. In regards to the age group of owners for these cars, im 17 and daily it to high school. Everyone always wants me to two step in the lot lol. Srt’s are such a good car and it makes me wonder why people go with civics over these.
I think availability. They made alot more civics than neons and SRT-4's.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,296 Posts
i'm thinking maybe because of where i live (in the southeast) i still see them regularly. I know of at least 9 (including mine) of them right here in middle GA. I see them for sale online every day. It makes me feel like there are more on the road then we think. Because the cars are cheap now-a-days, you do see a somewhat younger crowd drawn to them, but they dont seem to keep them long. I'm 34 now, but have owned mine for 13 years...

·
Registered
6,453 Posts
I've been driving mine daily since May 2011 (8 years). In the Dallas area I rarely saw one. In the Chicago suburbs I see maybe one per month or two. I can drive 1000 miles and not see even 1! Haha

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm still here, but battling Ohio e-check at the moment. Had the car since buying it new in 2005, and it's still mint. I'm 44 now and haven't seen any other SRT-4's around here since about 3 years ago - and that one was being traded in at the dealership.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm still here, but battling Ohio e-check at the moment. Had the car since buying it new in 2005, and it's still mint. I'm 44 now and haven't seen any other SRT-4's around here since about 3 years ago - and that one was being traded in at the dealership.
Do you drive yours in the wintertime? I would think road salt would rust a lot of srt4s away.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Do you drive yours in the wintertime? I would think road salt would rust a lot of srt4s away.
Nope. Plus it stays waxed and covered when it's parked. I don't drive it in the rain either, if I can help it. The cold air intake is low to the ground, so I err on the safe side to avoid sucking water into the engine. The only rust is inside the engine bay on the aftermarket adders like the front strut bars.

·
Registered
7 Posts
WHOOOOOO!!!!! Road legal again! Just passed e-check! (y)😁 Thank heavens I saved the stock PCM.
Can't wait to get tuned and actually be able to drive again! Have had to take it easy and very very sparse since my FIC-8 failed.
My favorite thing - tailgaters. ;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
About this Discussion
26 Replies
14 Participants
Simon.Starkie
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing