Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have already made a place on their car?? scratches....dents...etc??

Today i came off a hill into a flat road alittle too fast and accidentally scraped my front end....not a big deal cuz its tiny and unoticable, but DANG!! i have only had the car 1 week soo far.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Yeah the parking lots in Wichita are like 5 feet higher than the street, so I always scrape the front end....this is why I'm not lowering it. I try to take my time going up into them, but sometimes you gotta try to beat the traffic going the other way...

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
do a quick search and see what my girlfriend did :cry:

·
Registered
739 Posts
Metal Scrape Plate

Has anyone seen those graphite blocks that people put on their cars with air bags or hydrolics that spark when they hit the ground. That way if you are driving down the street and hit the switchs instead of scraping your frame you scrape the blocks and they spark.

Well anyway, I think it would be cool to have a lip spoiler or something made out of that so when you are driving through an intersection and your car scrapes ( Only for lowered cars or Cars with body kits) sparks will fly from the front of your car. I keep thinking of the part in FaTF when that Eclipse scrapes its kit.

If you succesfully do this it will keep the paint in good shape and have a really cool effect whenever you do it. Plus if you give it a cool design it might add to the apperance of the car.

I don't know if anybody knows what I am talking about but I could really use one for my PT and when I get the SRT I am going to lower it and want something like this for it, too.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Re: Metal Scrape Plate

Italianmafia03 said:
Has anyone seen those graphite blocks that people put on their cars with air bags or hydrolics that spark when they hit the ground. That way if you are driving down the street and hit the switchs instead of scraping your frame you scrape the blocks and they spark.

Well anyway, I think it would be cool to have a lip spoiler or something made out of that so when you are driving through an intersection and your car scrapes ( Only for lowered cars or Cars with body kits) sparks will fly from the front of your car. I keep thinking of the part in FaTF when that Eclipse scrapes its kit.

If you succesfully do this it will keep the paint in good shape and have a really cool effect whenever you do it. Plus if you give it a cool design it might add to the apperance of the car.

I don't know if anybody knows what I am talking about but I could really use one for my PT and when I get the SRT I am going to lower it and want something like this for it, too.
I like the idea but unfortunantly in Califoornia you must have 2" of clearence from the ground to the body of your car with the tires completly deflated (so you dont destroy the road if u have a flat). I had a cop empty all the air in my tires because I refused to sign a ticket and he wanted to prove me wrong. I had to pay 50 bucks to get a tow truck to put air back in my tires (cop was wrong though I had 2.5" of clearence).

If you were driving through an intersection with that kit and a cop was there he would pull ur butt over in a heart beat. It would look as if u were speeding or something was wrong with your car. Don't forget if you get an oil leak or a break in a fuel line you could set ur ass on fire.

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
QwikSC2 said:
Yeah the parking lots in Wichita are like 5 feet higher than the street, so I always scrape the front end....this is why I'm not lowering it. I try to take my time going up into them, but sometimes you gotta try to beat the traffic going the other way...
:shock: Don't blame you for not doing it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts