Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...I got the new Neon with the new SRT Design Group? Originally when I heard about this, I thought it was gonna look exactly like the SRT-4, just slower, and minus the interior features. Meaning I thought it was gonna be a huge RIP that would ruin the SRT-4 image. However, now that I've seen pics, I realized it just resembles an SRT-4, but is missing the bottom sills around the entire car, and also the nostrils.

So now, what do you guys that actually own SRT-4's feel about this? If I got one, because I feel it's much better looking than a stock Neon, do you guys think it'd be retarded? Or do you think they look different enough that it's ok to get one? Cuz honestly, right now I hate the front end of the Neon I have now. Personally, I think they're different enough to get one. Here are some pics so you can see the new look

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
so you'd sell your current neon and buy a whole new one?

since you have the $$ to do that, why not just get a srt4?

·
Registered
361 Posts
personally...if it wasnt for the turbo/motor numbers i would never drive a regular neon. In fact the main reason i got the srt-4 is i needed to get out of a reg cab ram for my girlfriends child and have 4 doors and couldnt afford anything else...to be dumped a few weekes later. (kill x...check)

It just happens to be that the srt-4 can hold its own and is earning repsect. I would get something else before i got a knock off of a car in any brand. kinda like buying a 6cyl mustang or camaro= poser but..its your money bro. dodge has a serious problem with making knock offs of thier high performance vehicles. Just save up and buy a srt-4

·
Registered
8,286 Posts
zr8td2k said:
personally...if it wasnt for the turbo/motor numbers i would never drive a regular neon. In fact the main reason i got the srt-4 is i needed to get out of a reg cab ram for my girlfriends child and have 4 doors and couldnt afford anything else...to be dumped a few weekes later. (kill x...check)

It just happens to be that the srt-4 can hold its own and is earning repsect. I would get something else before i got a knock off of a car in any brand. kinda like buying a 6cyl mustang or camaro= poser but..its your money bro. dodge has a serious problem with making knock offs of thier high performance vehicles. Just save up and buy a srt-4
well this would mean that the srt is a knock off of a neon.
i wish people just realise that you are driving neons

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
When do these SRT designs neons hit the dealerships? Anybody know?

·
Registered
361 Posts
well this would mean that the srt is a knock off of a neon.
i wish people just realise that you are driving neons
a knock off of a performance car is what i was going for....no shit its a neon. Thanks for the revalation captain obvious.

The srt package on a regular neon is like a lambo kit on a feiro. or like i said..a muscle car made with a POS 6cyl motor. i dont think the srt is trying to be a a n/a neon in disguise is it? Dodge is doing it with the rams as well. Every new ram on the road now looks like the srt-10. They all have the hoods...wings..body kit. Seeing a srt-10 is no big deal anymore becuase dodge is offering it all on a reg ram. Now there doing it to the srt-4.

·
Registered
10,263 Posts
zr8td2k said:
a knock off of a performance car is what i was going for....no shit its a neon. Thanks for the revalation captain obvious.

The srt package on a regular neon is like a lambo kit on a feiro. or like i said..a muscle car made with a POS 6cyl motor. i dont think the srt is trying to be a a n/a neon in disguise is it? Dodge is doing it with the rams as well. Every new ram on the road now looks like the srt-10. They all have the hoods...wings..body kit. Seeing a srt-10 is no big deal anymore becuase dodge is offering it all on a reg ram. Now there doing it to the srt-4.
stick it in your ear
clown shoe.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
i thought these neons with the appearance package cost only a grand less than the actual srt. so the only reason id see anyone getting it would be maybe for insurance purposes.......if i was spending that much money on a neon, id pay the extra grand and get the srt......but thats just me....

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Thanks for all the responses guys. I figured there would be a lot more hating on the Neon with the appearance package.

I must clarify my situation though... The reason I'm getting a new Neon, and not an SRT-4, is because I do a yearly lease. It's through my Dad who works at the Chrysler Headquarters, and so I get Neons dirt cheap. However, they won't let you lease an SRT-4 with the rates my Dad gets. That leaves me with no option except a neon since I can't afford anything else.

This means I want the best neon, Which was an R/T. But what I've heard is that now they're abolishing the R/T for this version, and I was wondering if anybody here thought that It'd be ripping off the SRT. I don't think it would really affect my situation though.

About the release of this car, I have no Idea. I got the pics from the Canadian website, making me assume they're released there. But I heard they're doing the same thing in the US for 05 too.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
The regular SXT needed a front-end upgrade. This version does look way better. Get it and enjoy it (I bet you get a KILLER deal with your Dad's discount - I have an uncle who used to be a higher-up with Chrysler, and was hoping to get the employee deal on the SRT-4 - but no deal on SRTs. So get what you can afford!).

Everyone buys a car for their own reasons - listen to all the support and get what makes you happy.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.