Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get a MBC, but I dont know if I should make one, or spend a couple bucks and buy one. How does yours work? Does it keep steady the PSI you set it at, or do you have to adjust it once in a while? What brands do you have and how much was it? How exactly do it get installed, it looks easy, but I dont know what hose to cut to put it in to.
Thanks
Steve

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
All manual boost controllers will need adjustment being that they very due to outside temperature.

To install a vaccum T or a MBC, what you do is take pressure from the green vaccum source (pressure) and put your MBC or bleeder T inline with it. Take the other end of the mbc/bt and hook it up to the wastegate actuator. Remove the black factory line from the WG.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I just installed the Dawes MBC. They say to prevent spiking, use the nipple on the turbo housing. I did and it works OK. When set at a low boost, like 5-7, its has NO spike at all. When I set it to 14, it spikes a little, but not bad. Its real easy to tap into that fitting, just take off the turbo pipe(black tube from the turbo to air box) and it is easily accesible. Just put a t fitting in that, then a line from the MBC to the waste gate nipple. Plug the old hose, and your good to go. Thats the insrtuctions from Dawes, and it seems to work well. I do plan on getting a EBC when money allows, but for now, 14 psi in ALL gears is to much fun. :twisted:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
generallee
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing