Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how many 2003's they plan on making? When the 2004 might be sold? Will the LSD be available to upgrade the 03's?

Thanks, Very impatient future owner of a SRT-4.....Damn MARYLAND

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
I thought there was only 3000 2003 Srt-4s but I could be wrong

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Last I read 7000 SRT-4's are being made for the US, with some for Canada.

again, PVO seems to like releasing their new cars in early year, so I would expect 2004 SRT4's to be avail in 2004, not Sep of '03 as are most cars.

Yes, MOPAR is working on a LSD for the car, and I've heard rumors that Tochigi Fuji (the same company that made the LSD for the Mazdaspeed) is working on one as we speak.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Syberkahn that was quite helpfull.... Any idea how much money us 03 owners will lose to get the LSD installed, as compared to already getting one with the 04's?

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
adding a LSD is a fairly complex task - and you can expect to spend upwards of a grand to get one and have it installed. From SCC's april issue, when they install a Phantom LSD into their project neon - I quote,

"The big issue with conventional limited slips is cost. Most of these units cost at least $700 to $1,000 and the installation is labor intensive, usually meaning the transmission bearing clearances must be measured with factory special service tool fixturesand dial indicators and set with precision-ground select fit shims behind press fit bearing races. A tedious process at best, which is amost impossible to do at home"

As to the '04 model - if it is going to come with a limited-slip - I can't see many ways they'll be able to sell it for under 20k.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Me and a friend just installed a Quaife in his Focus on Sat. It was a big job. It took 13 hours start to finish but we could probably do it in 7-8 now that we know what to do on a Focus. I would say the removal and replacement of the trans was the big killer for labor. The shim and preload setting and install of the Quaife itself was very easy. It works quite nicely even with near stock Focus power for now. He is re doing his turbo set up which used to be around 170-180 hp and adding an air/water I/C and a Pectel EMS.

I would pay $ 400-650 if it was a factory option and would expect to pay $500 just for labor to get an aftermarket one installed plus the units cost.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just found out 5,000 03's will be sold.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
where did you find that out from?

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The manager at the thompson dodge dealership told me that......

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
5000 has been the number thats been floating around and since the cars are a 2003.5 i dont think DCX could build more the way they had the plant setup. For the 04' run there will be more due to export, demand at home and capacity

·
Registered
5,325 Posts
Folsom lake dodge in CA told me 5000 will be made for 03. They had almost 10 of them in stock last saturday when I bought my yellow one! I paid 19,200 for it before tax and Lic!! The car needs a LSD so bad. I took off kind of hard yesterday and left a peg leg burnout for about 50 feet!! Needs a LSD bad.

Ryan

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
first its lsd, second how did you do a peg leg burnout?

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
he meant he did a one wheel burn out LMAO thats what "peg leg" is LID

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
you do know that the srt-4 can spin BOTH wheels in a burnout.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
roflmao, lifeisdeath i just noticed that little animation....Where did you find that at it's the funniest thing I have ever seen. I just laughed for 5 min straight :)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
About this Discussion
42 Replies
24 Participants
Acidryno
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing