Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my car for about 7months now and I have yet to see the 2nd light come on. How many miles after the first gas light until i should see it.

·
Registered
379 Posts
the first light comes on when you have 3 gallons I belive. The second one comes on with 1 gallon, go get gas!!!!

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Imboosted said:
i didnt even know theres a second light.
I knew someone was going to say that.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
i dont the 100% correct answer to this....just sharing some info...

when the gas light comes on, I can drive about 20-25 miles before the light starts to blink....and I average ~22mpg. The most i've driven on the blinking light was like 5-6 miles. I havent drained the "whole" tank yet...might be worth it to do though.

·
Premium Member
4,568 Posts
general consensus is 3gal remaining for first light and 1/2gal for flashing light.

I had it go off (flashing) going down the drag strip once right after I passed the 60' mark...can we say running it on an empty tank? :jester:

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
I'm pretty sure I read it in that thing some of call an owners manual? I think mine said the light comes on at 2.4 gal and starts flashing with half a gallon left...

·
Registered
12,239 Posts
Holy shit i just found out i had a trunk button in my glove box like 2 months ago and now this. I have only had the car for 2 years now

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dansrt4 said:
Holy shit i just found out i had a trunk button in my glove box like 2 months ago and now this. I have only had the car for 2 years now
Serious or Sarcastic?

·
2013 FF Pizza League Champion
10,991 Posts
In the Owner's Manual it says the light comes on with 3 gallons left, and starts blinking with 1/2 a gallon left. :readclose :hi:

·
Premium Member
1,804 Posts
I can usually go about 50 miles after my gas light come on, b4 it starts to blink.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts